ALL PHOTO CREDITS - Cooler Master

Cooler Master has taken another step into the SFF market by showing their MINI X prototype case. The MINI X is a sandwich style design featuring up to three slot GPUs, and what appears to be support for larger SFF air coolers. Additionally, there appears to be room for a top mounted AIO. Currently, the design features a unique multi-tone or two-tone color which should certainly garner some attention. Full specs have not been released at the time of writing.

Check out the MINI X page by clicking HERE.

Mini-X-9.png Mini-X-1.png Mini-X-2.png Mini-X-3.png Mini-X-4.png Mini-X-5.png Mini-X-6.png Mini-X-7.png Mini-X-8.png Mini-X-9.png

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
The vent holes on the side panels look underwhelming. Probably in the 12-13L range of volume given larger clearance on the CPU chamber and the top AIO chamber.

Visually it doesn't scream out to me, but probably will to some people. And given CM's scale, they can flood the market by selling these cheap, like the NR200.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
The vent holes on the side panels look underwhelming. Probably in the 12-13L range of volume given larger clearance on the CPU chamber and the top AIO chamber.

Visually it doesn't scream out to me, but probably will to some people. And given CM's scale, they can flood the market by selling these cheap, like the NR200.
Weird how they did that, top ventilation looks fine but you are right the side ventilation will not be great.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
That side ventilation is horrible. I'd even consider the top ventilation to be a little too restrictive. It's still easily over half of the surface that's solid.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
The side holes are all show and no go unfortunately. I hope they have a mesh option. A nice black mesh like the Stacker 830.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020

I'd sooner guess 15-17L. That looks like a Ghost S1 Large size top hat extension on top, and probably 7+PCIe slot covers of width.

It is cute, and nice to see something other than black or silver for once....but the space optimization isn't there.

Reactions: thelaughingman