Many thanks to Small Form Factor Network Discord member LukeD for sharing this with the community. LukeD recently purchased and received an Acemagic Tank 03 SFF PC that had an unfortunate defect with the CPU fan. After speaking with the support team, Acemagic made a video showing how to teardown the Tank 03 in order to help him. LukeD captured a few screen shots from the video showing the internals of the Tank 03 with allow for some good takeaways.

The CPU/GPU are mounted in a horizontal sandwich style layout with the CPU being on one side of the board and GPU on the other. The GPU is actually on an MXM style card that sits behind the CPU.
As the GPU uses an MXM card slot, it’s theoretically could be upgraded.
The CPU uses a custom motherboard and is facing the bottom of the case.
The MXM GPU slot and RAM...

Continue reading...

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I watched a couple videos on this and it is a pretty cool little PC, bit steep on the price though. $1400 for the i9 and a 3060 and the i9 and 3080 is $1800. I know I could do a build with a real i9 and desktop GPU for that much money.

Reactions: Revenant

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I watched a couple videos on this and it is a pretty cool little PC, bit steep on the price though. $1400 for the i9 and a 3060 and the i9 and 3080 is $1800. I know I could do a build with a real i9 and desktop GPU for that much money.

I'm a bit disappointed with the performance of the RTX 3080s in these units. The 150 watt RTX 3080 should be pushing 13K in TimeSpy. Zotac did it with their far smaller EN series with a far smaller cooler. ETA Primes unit only hit 10K.

Reactions: rfarmer

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Keep In mind you can pick this unit up from Aliexpress for $1237, thats for the configuration with RTX 3080 mobile, 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD. That's where I got mine from.

Also in terms of performance, I believe this is the 120W variant of the GPU, hence why it performs less than expected. I believe its to keep the noise down:

Last edited:

Revenant

Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Keep In mind you can pick this unit up from Aliexpress for $1237, thats for the configuration with RTX 3080 mobile, 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD. That's where I got mine from.

Also in terms of performance, I believe this is the 120W variant of the GPU, hence why it performs less than expected. I believe its to keep the noise down:

Good info. I'm surprised that they didn't go for the 150 watt variant. I'm guessing it was cost prohibitive for the price point they wanted to achieve. 10K in TimeSpy is still pretty solid though. That generally means excellent 1080P gaming along with pretty good 1440P. Older but popular games like Battlefield One, BF4, and BF5 should be able to run well up to 4K.

Emulation should run really well for PS2 Era and even PS3 era.

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Good info. I'm surprised that they didn't go for the 150 watt variant. I'm guessing it was cost prohibitive for the price point they wanted to achieve. 10K in TimeSpy is still pretty solid though. That generally means excellent 1080P gaming along with pretty good 1440P. Older but popular games like Battlefield One, BF4, and BF5 should be able to run well up to 4K.

Emulation should run really well for PS2 Era and even PS3 era.
Emulation is fantastic. I can run Killzone 3 RPCS3 full speed no issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

Revenant

Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Emulation is fantastic. I can run Killzone 3 RPCS3 full speed no issues.
Very nice. I’m just starting to play around with X360/PS3 Emulation. I know I’m a bit late to that party, but the truth is I have a lot of retro hardware and retro TVs. So I haven’t needed to use emulators till now.

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Hey , qq, how did you get the bottom off? I have same one and a fan became a little noisy, removing 8 screws from the bottom didn't help and case feels solid.
Start with the top of the case. You need to tear the whole thing apart, starting from the top.

Reactions: vetl and rfarmer

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
It's so odd, they went with a non-standard MXM. Do we know if anybody else has tested a normal MXM 3.0 card in that motherboard? The heatsink won't fit for sure.

MV.potato2023

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 10, 2024
@LukeD dis you find any jumpers or locate the CMOS battery? I made a foolish mistake of changing the graphics output to PCI and I've been getting a blank screen. Even pictures of the BIOS menu would help, even better a video of navigation to reset to defaults as I will try it with no display. Thanks for posting this! Teardown would probably be my next option to reset CMOS.