Zotac has shown it's latest incarnation of the Magnus Z-Box measuring in at just 2.65L. These Z-Box models use laptop components in a mini-desktop format to create some of the smallest and quietest performance PCs we've reviewed. This time, Zotac has shown the MAGNUS EN173080C with both an Intel i7-11800H 8-core CPU, and an RTX 3080 mobile GPU. That's a substantial amount of power in such a small form factor case though it does require a power brick. Regardless, it makes it a compelling option for anyone who needs a portable machine, or wants to keep their setup minimal.

Additional specs include HDMI 2.1, Thunderbolt 40Gbs, 2X PCIe NVME M.2 slots, one 2.5 inch drive pay, five USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports, WiFi 6, and 2.5 Gbps Ethernet.

Here is the full stats:

Unfortunately, US availability has not yet been determined as the US tariffs make this type of product costly.

You can check out the product page HERE

COAGULOPATH

Case Bender
New User
Jan 12, 2022
Aren't these things basically a laptop without a screen?

It looks cool, but if it's all proprietary parts, with screw holes behind warranty-voiding tape...

Reactions: Revenant

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
Aren't these things basically a laptop without a screen?

It looks cool, but if it's all proprietary parts, with screw holes behind warranty-voiding tape...
It's worse, they use a proprietary motherboard and proprietary modular video card! At these retail sales numbers, replacement parts are nearly impossible to find.

Reactions: Revenant

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
You both are correct. They are basically laptops in a very small box, and they have proprietary parts motherboards and GPUs. There really aren’t any PCs this small that don’t have proprietary parts. If you want flexibility Zotac has large machines.

RAM, M.2, and 2.5 are all standard though.

Its niche within niche. Personally, I like them and own an EN1070 which I upgraded to a 6700T. I accept what they are though.

Reactions: Arboreal