Enclosure Case for MSI RX 5700 xt Gaming x

Chukhan

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 14, 2020
Hey guys,

Im pretty new here and I'd like to know if someone knows a smallformfactor ITX case that could fit a MSI RX 5700 xt Gaming X.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Frenzy

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
Hi. I'm pretty new myself also.

FYI This spreadsheet has a very complete overview of ITX cases and details

That specific Graphics card "MSI RX 5700 xt Gaming X " has a 3 slots cooler and a very 'tall' PCB, this combination will limit ITX case compatibility considerably unfortunately.

Tough one, uhm Silverstone RVZ01 perhaps:

Fractal design core 500, maybe:

but essentially that graphics card is unsuitable for a real SFF build

Chukhan

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 14, 2020
Thank you, for your reply.

Yeah the Card is pretty "fat" with its 58mm. But i got it really cheap, wish there were any cases who could fit it.

Frenzy

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
Ah would second that, just saw a review of this case Sliger sm580, 16 Liter. Can fit 3 slots GPU and enough room for the 'tall' aspect of the card. A bit pricey however.

The Slliger sm560 can also fit the card, at 11 Liter.

Midiamp

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 15, 2017
michaeladhi.com
Are you sure the card thickness at
Thank you, for your reply.

Yeah the Card is pretty "fat" with its 58mm. But i got it really cheap, wish there were any cases who could fit it.
Are you sure the card is 58mm thick? If it is, then it can fit inside Silverstone RVZ03. I use RVZ03 currently and Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT. The GPU compartment has a fan that you can take off that gives about an extra 16-17 mm of clearance. Given my Sapphire GPU thickness is only 49mm, it can still fit the MSI GPU, without the case fan. I wouldn't worry about the fans, since its main function is to blow cool air directly to the GPU. However with the MSI GPU thickness, the proximity to the side of the case should be sufficient.

Chukhan

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Feb 14, 2020
Are you sure the card thickness at

Are you sure the card is 58mm thick? If it is, then it can fit inside Silverstone RVZ03. I use RVZ03 currently and Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT. The GPU compartment has a fan that you can take off that gives about an extra 16-17 mm of clearance. Given my Sapphire GPU thickness is only 49mm, it can still fit the MSI GPU, without the case fan. I wouldn't worry about the fans, since its main function is to blow cool air directly to the GPU. However with the MSI GPU thickness, the proximity to the side of the case should be sufficient.
Hi,

Thanks for your recommendation

And yes the card is 58mm thick. Pretty fat, i know, but it is still great.