Case feet?

XeaLouS

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Seeing as most of you guys seem to have made your own cases,
what case feet do you use?

The best ones i found seemed to be acoustifeet?

XeaLouS

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Those look nice - but do they dampen sound as well as the acoustifeet? What characteristics of case feet actually do dampening? like if you had thick rubber feet is that basically as good as it gets? or is it better to have hollow rubber feet?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Not sure regarding dampening - sound and vibration dampening is a dark art comprising of inertial mass and material properties!

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
a case stand w/ a tuned mass damper integrated seems like an ultimate solution to this but i speak knowing sweet nothing beyond what wikipedia and tv says about the technology, maths, etc

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Unless you're building a NAS I don't think fancy feet are that necessary for noise. Modern parts are more precise and don't vibrate as much.

The M1 uses feet like these and they work pretty well if you're not relying heavily on bottom vents for intake: http://www.focusattack.com/35mm-aluminum-anti-slip-joystick-case-feet-set-of-4/

Yep I use the same feet for my scratch built case and they are also used in a lot of Jonsbo and Lian-Li cases. For sound dampening it's more likely you'd also have to build your chassis with certain materials in mind, than just focusing on the feet.

(funny seeing those feet also being sold at an arcade stick store- maybe one day Sanwa buttons will become a popular trend in scratch build cases :p)

C4B12

Scratchbuilder
Jan 11, 2016
www.minimalisticpc.com
I do a lot of custom projects and I tend to use different ones every time, however for my two new projects I will be using these custom-milled aluminium casefeet, made by Fannblade. Love these ones. :)

Reactions: Phuncz