Cablemaking/sleeving supplies?

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
Hey guys. I might have mentioned it already, but when I update the GPU in my system, I am planning on making some custom cables since, even though my PSU is modular so I can exclude extraneous cables, the cables I do need are quite long, and with the PSU right next to the motherboard, I have a rats nest carefully bunched up next to the heat sink.

While I am no stranger to working with wiring, I haven't actually done so in a while.
Where's a good place to get both the tools and supplies I need for such a project in one place?

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
When did MDPC open again? I remember them closing their doors, and I had thought Lutro0 suffered the same fate since I hadn't seen anything about them around.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
There is also e22.biz , run by the same guys as Hex Gear. Nate from e22 and Mike from Lutro0 partnered up on a few things.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
When did MDPC open again? I remember them closing their doors, and I had thought Lutro0 suffered the same fate since I hadn't seen anything about them around.
Earlier this year, he started by doing large orders to other distributors only, it used to be just a few, I don't think he has to worry about starting his own shop anymore.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Original poster
Sep 3, 2015
Anyone happen to remember what wire gauge I need. I don't see the MDPC shops selling wire, and the hardware store has so many types.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
18awg is usually adequate. 16awg for longer runs and/or high current.