Completed blackbox5.18L

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
I was looking at the Ghost S1 and the DAN A4 for my next build. I ordered the L12s to mod inside the Ghost but fortunetly wasn't able to order the Ghost for these couple of weeks.

Looking at alternatives I came across the Nouvolo Steck, but looking at the size (again a little bigger) I came to the realization that anything that isn't close to 7L isn't worth this layout so: Custom Mod SX / DAN A4 / Dr. Zaber Sentry 2.0.

However: Now I wanted to break with this trend (I never really liked) to riser everything. I wanted to design a case with the classic SG05/Q07 layout for the shorter version and the obvious solution for longer cards which Silverstone finally brought to marked with the SG07.

With a 210*200*150mm Prototype I testet the material I had in mind (1mm galvanized Steel). And made sure I would be able to go with this measurements for the two cases I had in mind:

- blackbox5.18L (202*182*141mm)
- k8L (202*282*141mm)

The blackbox5.18L I have completed and would like to present to you ;)

Last edited:

lowkey

Trash Compacter
Jul 15, 2019
I did the same a while ago and i tried to get one of these short AMD cards. It never happend. Then i realised the cooler is too loud and i went for watercooling in the end. I dont like the concept psu over cpu. Your build quality looks clean and i like cables on top. Designers never go for visible cables so you have to build a cover to win a prize.

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
With the L12s laying around here I wonder if I would be able to fit it inside the blackbox5.18....?

Not for the 2400g... but maybe an 3700X/3600.

The Nano is good for now and I'm sure we will have more short powerful cards in the future... with the L12s in there I would have no reason left to continue the k8L.

The SF450 would have to be modded thought...

Sympathizer

Caliper Novice
Jul 27, 2016
It resembles HG Computers OSMI: great thing, if only there were more ITX-format GPUs.

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
There are a lot of cases with the layout like that. The only thing I did was to really reduce the measurements to the minimum which resulted in a case very close to something like an S4 mini or custom mod FX 4.7... While having no riser cables and an accessible affordable reliable and silent SFX PSU.

Reactions: Sam