Bag for SFF carry

Bshoults

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a bag for something along the lines of a Dan A4 (still deciding on case, but leaning this direction). I know about the Wallye, but was maybe looking for something a bit smaller, that just held the necessities (PC, cords, mouse and apple keyboard). I've looked at some photog backpacks, but wanted to see what others had used, etc. Of course, I would want something padded.

Speaking of the Wallye, I really like it, but seems too big for what I'm wanting. I was looking for a pic/video of the A4 with the Wallye for scale but couldn't find anything. They specifically list the A4 so was wondering if they had a video of the fit test like they did with some of the other cases.

Thanks guys.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
I use a pelican 1525 with dividers myself. Fits my custom mod mini ( very similar to your a4), m/kB, 360 controller, and my s800 headset, plus all the wires and extras. I also put a couple shirts in it for extra cushioning. It is a hard case though, not exactly what you asked, but figured I’d chime in.

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
I was able to find one at Fry's by literally taking the big items(case, power supply, keyboard, mouse) with me and trying to fit them all in the bag. I eventually found one for my S4M that has some padded dividers.

Edit: https://www.frys.com/product/8506879

Last edited:

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Might be a tight-ish squeeze, but the Everki Beacon backpack is designed for consoles. Been considering it myself for my A4, but don't have any airline travel planned for the foreseeable future, so not a high priority for me. I am still debating taking my A4 with me on a road trip, but could make do without a dedicated bag.

lac29

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2017
Might be a tight-ish squeeze, but the Everki Beacon backpack is designed for consoles. Been considering it myself for my A4, but don't have any airline travel planned for the foreseeable future, so not a high priority for me. I am still debating taking my A4 with me on a road trip, but could make do without a dedicated bag.

I've been tempted as well to getting a carry case for my A4 but I also don't travel enough to warrant that splurge. And if I do travel it'll be easy enough to just put it in a backpack with some clothes to cushion things.

Bshoults

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Sep 20, 2017
I also found a budget bag that might work. I might grab one to see (when I get a case). I'm mostly transporting it from my office to the house which is why I wanted something sff!