Votes: 3 42.9%
  • The 6.9L case

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
6.9L? At this point is not easier to simply mod a Lian Li PC-Q02 (à la Neutronium V4)?
It's not fun to go the easy route :D But you're right, there isn't really any benefit in making a custom case at this point, except for aesthetics maybe. You could also try and mod a PC-Q12, that case doesn't get enough love and it looks so beautiful!

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Hmm. Good points here. I do much prefer the smallest possible, even if it does mean a power brick sitting behind the desk.

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
The major issue with buying and modding is the severe lack of product range available here in New Zealand. At the moment we only really have the Jonsbo and Silverstone cases available. Oh and the usual Coolermaster, Fractal and Thermaltake fare, none of which I like or can afford

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
The major issue with buying and modding is the severe lack of product range available here in New Zealand. At the moment we only really have the Jonsbo and Silverstone cases available. Oh and the usual Coolermaster, Fractal and Thermaltake fare, none of which I like or can afford
You'll probably be able to order from LianLi directly if that's the only thing holding you up. I've ordered several pieces from them in the past and they shipped them directly from Taiwan. You do need PayPal for that, though. And you'll have to pay import tax, of course.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
That's a lot more appealing than the 21% + "administrative costs" we have in Belgium for anything above € 35 :mad:

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
That's a lot more appealing than the 21% + "administrative costs" we have in Belgium for anything above € 35 :mad:
What we have here is somewhat different. Everything is subject to GST (VAT) of 15% and some things are subject to duty (5 or 10% on only a few things). However Customs doesn't bother collecting it unless it breaks $60. Once it hits that, there is a Customs clearance fee of just under $47. So if I buy a case and including freight the total is $399, it comes in under $60 tax/duty (0% duty on PC stuff) so I pay $0. If it costs $401 incl freight I'd be looking at just under $110 payable :p

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
We don't have import tax here if the shipment including freight is under $400 :D
On another note, If i decide to go for a mod rather than a scratchbuilt, I'd probably end up with https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Jonsbo-V3-Mini-ITX-Tower-Case-Silver/22553611
That's great! You'll easily be able to order just about every case from the EU then.
You started at 2.75L, with that you'd be over 10L. I don't like where this is going...

Hah, and I thought Germany was bad with 19% :D

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
That's great! You'll easily be able to order just about every case from the EU then.
You started at 2.75L, with that you'd be over 10L. I don't like where this is going...

Hah, and I thought Germany was bad with 19% :D
Don't worry, I'm still trying to make the design smaller :) Scratchbuild would be my ideal for this build.