Not open for further replies.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Just FYI but R9 nanos sell for $200 regularly, at least where I look

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Where are you seeing those prices? I hadn't checked for a while, but Amazon / Ebay agree with @Majestic's pricing.
R/hardwareswap and my local classifieds. Ebay is more or less always the most expensive option as the seller needs to account for up to 13% in selling fees, plus an account if they are a business

*EDIT*
as seen here

PowerColor R9 Nano w/ EKWB WaterBlock - $225 sold to /u/MineyMcMinerson for $210
I purchased this card used with the waterblock here on /r/hardwareswap. The card has the air cooler installed currently, ran it with the waterblock for a while as well and have had no problems with the card in either setup. Both card and waterblock ship with original boxes. Waterblock has the single-slot IO bracket, no backplate.

Last edited:

Majestic

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 12, 2018
@Damascus, what's your point? Either you want what I'm selling for the price listed or you give a counter offer. Coming into my thread to give your opinion about my prices is very unproductive. I'm sure if posts like yours were more common on these forums a lot less people would want to list items here.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
@Damascus, what's your point? Either you want what I'm selling for the price listed or you give a counter offer. Coming into my thread to give your opinion about my prices is very unproductive. I'm sure if posts like yours were more common on these forums a lot less people would want to list items here.
I am not personally interested, nor do I particularly care whether or not you can sell the GPU. I point out common price trends for 2 reasons:
  1. So an uninformed buyer doesn't spend more than they have to, vice versa with an uninformed seller getting too little
  2. If the seller needs the money and the ad sits for weeks without a bite I hope to let them know why it's not selling.

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
I am not personally interested, nor do I particularly care whether or not you can sell the GPU. I point out common price trends for 2 reasons:
  1. So an uninformed buyer doesn't spend more than they have to, vice versa with an uninformed seller getting too little
  2. If the seller needs the money and the ad sits for weeks without a bite I hope to let them know why it's not selling.

We do value transparency on the forum. However we also value cordiality and tact. We appreciate your bringing attention to going prices on the used market, but perhaps next time you can clearly state your intention of the post a bit more clearly upfront, possibly with sources to back the claims up, and be a little more respectful to the seller while doing so.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
We do value transparency on the forum. However we also value cordiality and tact. We appreciate your bringing attention to going prices on the used market, but perhaps next time you can clearly state your intention of the post a bit more clearly upfront, possibly with sources to back the claims up, and be a little more respectful to the seller while doing so.
Fair enough, I could have been significantly more tactful with my first post on the re-read :/ That said, I can condense what I said for de-cluttering, or delete it.

Majestic

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 12, 2018
So it seems like it is ok to go to any selling thread and complain about the price with no intention to buy as long as you have at least one link from the internet with someone selling it cheaper.That is good to know now and I am sorry for being uninformed. I don't believe @Damascus made his post to be helpful, but this issue has already been decided.
@King of Cable Management please delete this thread if possible since there is no value in me trying to sell anything here. If not, that's ok too. It might be better to keep record of the thread so other interested sellers have a better understanding how this forum works.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
one link from the internet with someone selling it cheaper

How about 4 links within the last 18 days? I honestly don't mean to be rude and posted my comment with the best of intentions

Majestic

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 12, 2018
How about 4 links within the last 18 days? I honestly don't mean to be rude and posted my comment with the best of intentions

I said "at least one". Nice selective quote there.

Status
Not open for further replies.