Asetek645LT higher temps than NH-l9i???

Arapaima

Caliper Novice
Original poster
May 14, 2020
Hello,

I recently bought the 645LT and what i've noticed so far though HWinfo, is that my Noctua performs way better than 645LT??? We are talking between 13-20 celsius difference.. Even at idle there is a small difference.

I'm not trying to bash Asetek and wondered if i've done something wrong? I'm worried, because the radiator is extremely hot during gameplay(especially PUBG).

CPU: Intel i5-9600
CPU paste: Thermal Grizzly

swaggywaggy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2020
Make sure you plug both the fan and AIO headers in (easy mistake)

Make sure both of them aren't set to 0RPM, especially the AIO.

Arapaima

Caliper Novice
Original poster
May 14, 2020
Make sure you plug both the fan and AIO headers in (easy mistake)

Make sure both of them aren't set to 0RPM, especially the AIO.

1) Both headers are connected. I see the fan spinning and I also hear the pump. I've already made sure that the pump was selected in bios. Accroding to HWinfo the pump spins around 5000. Not sure how accurate HWinfon is?
2) The fan and the pump is currently set to "default/standard profile.

Arapaima

Caliper Novice
Original poster
May 14, 2020
Hi again,
I'm not sure but i may have found the issue? Everyone can correct me if i'm wrong... My GPU pushes hot air upwards and downwards. Judging by the space and the setup, hot air from my GPU is actually pushed down directly at the fan and the radiator.
Could that be the case?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hi again,
I'm not sure but i may have found the issue? Everyone can correct me if i'm wrong... My GPU pushes hot air upwards and downwards. Judging by the space and the setup, hot air from my GPU is actually pushed down directly at the fan and the radiator.
Could that be the case?
Not ideal but should not make such a big difference of 13-20C.
Additionally, just stress the CPU (while leaving the GPU alone) and this should minimize any impact from GPU exhaust.

645LT is listed to have a pump speed of 2800 rpm and so 5000 is not accurate. I suggest using other softwares to confirm.

The contact plate comes with pre-applied thermal paste. So, you cleaned those off and reapplied with Thermal Grizzly?
I would suggest removing the pump block and examine the contact pattern for proper spreading. It could also be an improper installation.

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
Make sure the fan headers you connect to (for fan and pump) both vary the PWM signal according to CPU temps in the bios, as by default on many ITX boards only one will respond to cpu and the other is system temp.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The radiator fan has to suck air through the rad into the case.
Make sure you have custom cables with good cable management.
Make sure the pump has good contact to the CPU and the pump backplate sits correctly.

x111

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 5, 2019
Hello,

I recently bought the 645LT and what i've noticed so far though HWinfo, is that my Noctua performs way better than 645LT??? We are talking between 13-20 celsius difference.. Even at idle there is a small difference.

I'm not trying to bash Asetek and wondered if i've done something wrong? I'm worried, because the radiator is extremely hot during gameplay(especially PUBG).

CPU: Intel i5-9600
CPU paste: Thermal Grizzly

so what are your temps ?

here is my build and everything works well:

you probably:
got a broken 645LT,
did not apply a proper amount of thermal paste,
did not apply enough pressure worth those 4 screws,
put fan as exhaust on aio,

Arapaima

Caliper Novice
Original poster
May 14, 2020
The radiator fan has to suck air through the rad into the case.
Make sure you have custom cables with good cable management.
Make sure the pump has good contact to the CPU and the pump backplate sits correctly.

Thanks to everyone who submitted good ideas.

I think the fan orientation was the issue. At first, I had my fan set to exhaust to push air out underneath. That might have been the issue since my GPU exhaust hot air directly at the radiator. Now i have it as an intake and the temps are better now.

kiehl

Average Stuffer
Feb 23, 2020
Did you connect the pump to the pump header on the motherboard? as I am getting similar weird readings (5000rmp)?