Anyone bought and installed the updated Dan Case a4 riser?

Bakgui

Case Bender
Original poster
Feb 22, 2019
Hello SFF gang,

Just wondering if anyone on here purchased the new SFF lab optimised riser cable for use with the Dan Case and if so I have a few questions:

Link here in case you didnt see it before: https://www.sfflab.com/products/pcie-extender-adt?variant=19510969761905

-Does it allow enough room for a 92mm slim Noctua to be placed on top of the mobo?
-What are shipping times like? (I'm in EU)

Just wondering because I am tempted to purchase this item if it allows me to mount another fan on top, currently I have one under the Mobo and another under the PSU (both as intakes) to try and reduce my Ram temps. They are currently sitting at a toasty 63c when playing a game for an hour or so. I know this isn't the worst temps but I really do not like the big variance between turning off and turning on the PC. I would boot into about 25c on the ram which would then rapidly go up to 60c+ surely this constant up and down isnt good for the ram?

Any info appreciated thanks :)

Dogengar

Case Bender
Feb 23, 2019
Hi!
You can't put the 92mm noctua fan there unfortunately, but you can try mounting the 40mm fan onto the top somehow.
I ordered mine as soon as it was available, and received it in early January.
Pictures:

Bakgui

Case Bender
Original poster
Feb 22, 2019
Thank you so much for the reply!

I laughed at the collection of Pics from the tiny 40mm to the 92mm fan haha

Do you think the 40mm fan does anything at all in the case? or Is it mostly a tiny temp decrease?

Myzhi

Chassis Packer
Dec 9, 2018
Thank you so much for the reply!

I laughed at the collection of Pics from the tiny 40mm to the 92mm fan haha

Do you think the 40mm fan does anything at all in the case? or Is it mostly a tiny temp decrease?
I installed 2 of the 40mm at the top, they barely move any air, and so, pretty much pointless.

Pedro

Trash Compacter
Dec 12, 2017
This is a replacement riser for the one that came stock in my V3 correct? I do have a bunch of slack in my riser that currently is bunched at the top of the case.