Anandtech [Anandtech] Corsair ONE Pre-built PC

Corsair has announced a pre-built PC, the ONE.

They haven't released technical specs yet, but judging by the pictures, it looks like a Mini-ITX system that is roughly around (measured from pictures) 388mm tall, 168mm across, and hard to tell how deep it is, but guessing it is a centimeter or two larger than the width, which puts it at around 12 liters in size (think of the Silverstone FT03-Mini, but a little bit smaller).

Edit: My money would be on an MSI motherboard and GPU, with Corsair providing the rest of the components.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
It's hard to judge without official specs, we will have to see :)

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It must be a vertical design, like the FT03 Mini. Otherwise the proportions don't make sense.

danger

Average Stuffer
Jan 7, 2017
Not my style and not SFF from a volume perspective, but I do appreciate how small the footprint appears to be based on the pictures. I would have thought that the market they are trying to cater to would expect a window - preferably with tempered glass and a lot of RGB.

I don't see how you're getting 12L from these pictures. It looks way too tall to be 12L imo, I would guess 20+L, maybe even 30+L.

Last edited:

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
you would have to pay me enough to buy an S4 mini or a Zaber Sentry before i'd trade my FT03 mini for this. That being said I really like the vertical layout so its good to see (imo) another chassis on the market that (appears to be) using it.
my $0.02

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
Oh no... another trashcan shaped pc... *insert throw it in the trash meme*

On a serious note, it looks a lot like the Fortress Silverstone line of cases. Id like to see more about the dimensions and layout, but I cant expect it to be any worse or better than the other Fortress cases.

|||

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sep 26, 2015
They must need to have some incredible sealing to get a sufficient delta in air pressure across the radiators to do that...which is completely shot in the lower-end model with an open GPU cooler. I know you can run pretty low speed fans on the 240mm radiators (I had a Corsair H100i in my Bolt II), but a single 140mm fan for 4 x 120mm worth of radiator space has got to get pretty high, especially if there are any inefficiencies from air leakage. I do give them a thumbs up for innovation, though.

Reactions: Soul_Est

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Ars have a gallery of internal photos, and Engadget have Corsairs exploded-view diagrams that are absent from the actual Corsair One webpage (in favour of waste-of-space animated graphs). Nice that it uses CoTS components other than the AIO coolers. It could even make it as a case+cooler bundle/'kit' like the Bulldog was sold as, though preferable with traditional flat side panels rather than the lumpy cosmetic plastic ones. The layout is really nice though, similar to the Dan A4 but with combined airflow from a single large fan. Could theoretically work with large 'passive'-like air coolers in place of the AIO loops, though making those to a custom fit is likely more expensive than using commodity slim radiators.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Not my style and not SFF from a volume perspective, but I do appreciate how small the footprint appears to be based on the pictures. I would have thought that the market they are trying to cater to would expect a window - preferably with tempered glass and a lot of RGB.

I don't see how you're getting 12L from these pictures. It looks way too tall to be 12L imo, I would guess 20+L, maybe even 30+L.

380mm (H) x 200mm (D) x 176mm (W) = 13.376L; so, sub-13.5L overall…

I would classify that as SFF; not the smallest of SFF, but definitely SFF, especially considering the hardware it packs into the chassis…!

Reactions: cmyk78

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
This is really well thought out and put together. Kudos the the teams that created it.
Agreed. A far better effort than the Bulldog. Good to see them using standard parts as well. The only thing I don't love is the negative pressure design, and the resulting lack of dust control. But I do understand the design constraints they had that make that a challenge.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Yes, the reviews (what there are so far) all read favorably, and for the $200 premium over assembling one yourself (minus, of course, the actual Corsair One chassis), it is quite the value…

And no worrying about getting the cabling just so, it is already done for you…!