GPU AMD MXM cards for deskmini

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 8, 2016
hey all,

I've got a deskmini GTX 1060 which i love, but i have to switch to AMD for software development. I dont want to get rid of the deskmini so i'm trying to locate an AMD MXM card.

just read all the posts here on the topic along with a bunch of searching the internet and so far i've found only a few leads:

- according to press releases, a version of the deskmini was released with an rx580. but theres absolutely no other signs I can find that this ever existed or was available for purchase

- there are some Dell W7100 cards on ebay and chinese sites, im a bit hesitant to try them because of talk online about funky/locked down vbios... although i did see some posts about them being flashable to rx480 vbios

- I contacted Eurocom, they have new rx580 mxm cards for sale, 600$. currently waiting to find out if their cards require custom drivers or have custom vbios - I need it to work with standard drivers on multiple OS (win/linux/mac)

Anyone else have any info or experiences? anyone seen a deskmini RX580 in the wild? any word on the next-gen deskmini?

Hoping to not have to sell the deskmini and lug an enormous ITX box around... ? ?

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
There's not much out there, really - I think only a handful of suppliers make the AMD cards, and even fewer hit the secondhand market.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I have a spare 580. Need to verify that it is still working though.