Discussion AliExpress 6.64 Liter mATX Case

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jun 9, 2020
I just happened across this case whilst exploring the wilds of AliExpress and was curious if anyone else has had any experience with it. It looks like it was sold by Nhowe on Amazon for a while, but the links are all dead and I'm not seeing any builds/reviews. I've already ordered the case, seems to be able to fit a Zotac mini GPU with about 44ish mm of CPU cooler clearance. I'm thinking a reasonable 65w TDP chip (I have a 3700X and a 3900 OEM to work with) under an L9a or similar height cooler will be a cool machine. Case fans are looking to be 3x Gelid Silent 5s as intake and a Noctua NF A9 of some size as exhaust. Curious to see if anyone has any experience/ideas for the full set up, particularly for the mATX board, I've only ever worked with ITX boards and am curious about the additional things that can be done with a larger board, other than quad-channel RAM.

It seems like a bigger Metalfish S3 in terms of quality, which is fine, but more interested in what can be done with the expanded compatibility.

Reactions: Acalanata

paule89

Cable Smoosher
Sep 11, 2020
Hello Diamorif,

to me it looks like an air cooling solution is not optimal in that case if you use a regular GPU. As the GPU will be in front of the motherboard, the cooler will try to suck in air from the GPU backplate. I would rather go for AIO CPU cooling here on the front side. But still I think the thermals will not be optimal in that case like for example in the Dan A4. With reasonably powerful components, you might get a pretty nice little build in that case.

Many regards,
Paul

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jun 9, 2020
I thought about that, the only aio that will tentatively fit is the 645lt, but it will limit the GPU length to around 190mm or so (230mm case length. I have a 2070 Itx, but would rather the 2070 super or 1080 ti mini, otherwise it somewhat defeats the point of the case. I'd also try for one of the 3060ti XC from EVGA (202mm), but even that won't accommodate both sadly.

Bubba

Average Stuffer
Nov 4, 2019
smallformfactor.net
(1) Not much space between cpu cooler and graphics card but this is not the biggest problem.
(2) How does hot cpu air exit the case??

The cpu temperature will be lower without a rear I/O cover. I would not install the rear I/O cover.

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jun 9, 2020
Using a B550 mATX board with an integrated io shield, so not an option.

From rough math, there is a total cited clearance of 85 mm of CPU cooler clearance less the 41mm of the 2070S mini I'm going to use, so approximately 44mm of clearance. The case is 105mm wide, so hopefully, I can manage the extra 3mm for a black ridge, which would be perfect.

For case airflow, there are 3 50mm fans that can be mounted to the bottom of the case, which I'm going to try out as intake initially to pull cool air in, and the 92 mm fan at the front of the case for exhaust. I'm going to use either an NF A9x14 HS or A9 dependant on the space available. I'm also looking at potentially getting a new acrylic side panel cut with a better ventilation pattern, the current one seems like entire garbage.

I'm mostly interested in trying out the mATX form factor and the case was $115 shipped, so if it's a dud it's not the end of the world.

Reactions: Arboreal

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jun 9, 2020

Saw that one too. it's around 10 liters if I'm not mistaken. the dual 120s is very interesting and the thermals are prolly better, but the 6 liter one just seems more satisfying to build out. plus, if this one is a bust, i'll just order the other.