GPU Advice on 2080 Ti for NCASE M1 v6.1

FuzionReaktor

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 19, 2020
Hello, new to SFFs and old to PC builds. Got experience delidding, OCing, custom water cooling, etc, but not much in the way of optimizing cooling on a small case.

My current intended build is:
Intel 10700K in an Asus MEG Z490i
32gb of LPX Vengeance
1TB m.2 and maybe a 2 TB SATA SSD

The last remaining logistics to figure out, which have had mixed signals based on google searches, is the air cooler for the CPU (I will be delidding and changing the TIM to liquid metal) which I'm down to the Noctua U9s vs C14S but haven't found info on how hard the C14S is to mount in that mobo and I've seen it can be tough on the M1 as well. Then the GPU which I want a 2080 Ti but have had difficulty finding which model is best for fitting in + possibly using an Accelero 3 with Noctua fans for optimizing cooling.

I, unfortunately, can't opt for water cooling or AIO loops because this case is to throw in my work tool pelican case as a replacement to a laptop for half the cost specs-wise. I spend too much of my time on the road for work to risk TSA and loosening tubes.

payo36

Caliper Novice
May 1, 2019
www.minicomputers.net
I've tried several 2080Ti on M1 V6. I get the best temp with 2 slots card + 2 of 120mm fans in the bottom. The thicker 3 slots card will run hotter without the bottom fans.

FuzionReaktor

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 19, 2020
Thanks, what cards have you used and had the best luci with? I ordered a 2080 Ti XC Ultra Gaming last night based on posts I've seen on fitment and thermals but still have time to cancel and swap