CPU ADT M.2 to PCIe x4 extension choices

dc443

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jun 4, 2020
I'm looking to get an M.2 to PCIe x4 extension that works to run the cable toward the left side of the under side of the board shown here:

That is the direction toward the only space in my case that could possibly contain a low profile PCIe card that I want to run off the mobo backside M.2. I would be able to run a second GPU or a NIC (such as my Mellanox ConnectX-3's) off of it.

The trouble is... The ADT R42UR is almost ideal, however I need the card to be oriented the other way (to have the card's I/O bracket facing the back of the case rather than the front). I notice that between the R42M and R42N products this choice is possible (orientation of PCIe slot), however there doesn't seem to exist a product that complements the R42U products in this same way, for going in the direction I need the cable to go, I'm stuck with the card I/O facing the front of my case.

I hope it's clear what I'm asking about. Is there a way to make this work? I may have to resort to an R42S based solution with a 90 degree bend in the cable. It seems the ADT products are the best quality, but I could entertain alternative products.