3D Printed NCASE M1 V5 Front I/O Delete

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Original poster
Aug 5, 2017
I got a 3D Printer recently (Voxelab Aquila, basically an Ender 3 V2 clone) and tackled this as a beginner project and an alternative to the long out of stock official I/O kit. It's pretty simple and likely has room to be optimized more but as it sits now it slots in nicely and holds tightly with the stock screws. I believe this will work with older variants too unless they have a different mounting mechanism.

Note: I use an anti-vandal power button (mine is sleeved from pslatecustoms, can be sourced many other places), this will not work with the stock button unless it gets remixed with the screw posts and the button hole is resized.

Here's the model out on Thingiverse, it would be great to see some remixes for various use cases like a pro I/O with SD slots. It's probably overbuilt at the moment so you could certainly do some trimming.

I'm happy to print these for people within the US48 if you send a few dollars to cover shipping and my time, just DM me.

Last edited:

Dr0ne

Efficiency Noob
Apr 22, 2021
I just got my Ender 5 +. Haven't printed it out yet. I don't even have the M1 but this looks sweet! Overbuilt is good imo.

gman501

Cable Smoosher
Jul 9, 2021
Very cool beginner project! And thanks for sharing the model... I would love to do a remix involving an off-centre I/O button and monitoring display.
Something like this: https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/zakrzu/arduino-pc-monitor-66c07a

[Disclaimer: I've been wanting to do a dedicated display with monitoring information for about a year now, and it'll probably be a while before I get to it - but it's there, in the back of my mind]

Reactions: rcodi

CuMiCo

Caliper Novice
Jun 11, 2020
Wow that price of the button at pslate .... I suggest everyone who is interested to make the button on their own :)