Project [No Name]: reboot \ X99 ATX \ SLI \ Custom WC \ ~17Liters \

Markkedi

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 22, 2017
Hello! I'ts my first post here and I hope it is in right area :D

First of all, I'm from Finland and my english might be little rusty but bear with me :D
It's time for new project, this time modding my previously made chassis that I made for M-ITX motherboard from few years back and build log for it can be found HERE. It seems that all metalwork pictures are broken in there but I will fix them in near future, but for now you can find all the pictures of previous project in here Picture gallery of Project [No Name]

Plan is to use the same chassis (Width 315mm x Length 389mm x Height 168mm) and here are pictures of the original plans with dimensions and the finished product.

Decided to stop looking for my old 3D model files after weeks of serch and decided to make them again. Here are pictures of the current rough model. Better pictures of watercooling stuff and fitting of them are coming in near future :)

Plans for the current reboot build are fitting an ASRock X99 motherboard, two GPU's and full custom watercooling for GPU's and CPU.

I have been planning this for few months now and I have managed to get ASRock, Aquatuning, Alphacool and Phobya to sponsor this project!

ASRock is giving Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7 motherboard for this project!

Aquatuning, Alphacool and Phobya sent their first care package later this this month and this is what I got :)

Sorry for low quality pictures, camera is broken so bare with me for little while(again) :)

Alphacool Eisdecke top and tank are so nice looking and just perfect size for this project with Alphacool VPP755 pump :)

This is it for now :)

PROJECT SPONSORED BY

Markkedi

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 22, 2017
Started test fitting the WC stuff today as I decided to get XT45 instead of ST30 for top rad. Good thing I did that because front rad was about 2mm too high so top rad wouldn't fit on its place.

Warning!
Following pictures in this thread may seem like brutal handling of the chassis and components.
Some components were harmed during the project.

Only thing that was possible to do was removing the floor plate :)
Also as the front rad configuration changed from push to pull, those sticking screws had to go too as rad was going to be mounted straight to chassis this time.

And now everything is sitting on their own places like they should :)

After confirming that rads fitted I headed for fan collar and slim fans :)
I had this kind of mod planned last time but I didn't have time then. Plan is to disassemble the fans from their chassis and mount them directly to my fan collars :)

Like this.

It might be harder to do than i thought as the slim fans had different kind of mounting than i anticipated. So this will be a totally separate update ;)

This is it for now. But I still need to rant of my loan camera, Sony A350. It is probably the worst DSLR that I ever had on my hands and believe me, I've had older and cheaper ones. Focus is something from a amateur grade Ö horror movie and the lens is so dark that I had hands full of work to get them adjusted to even to this grade.
Bigger pictures can be found here https://rantanen88.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Rojut/[Project+NoName]+reboot/

Lastly a quick pic of my temporary workspot in my extra/storage room :)

Last edited:

Markkedi

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 22, 2017
Today I got the package that I have been waiting for.

ASRock Fatal1ty X99 Professional Gaming i7 motherboard arrived so I could test how everything would fit

MB is perfect with it's color scheme and layout. Only thing that sticks to my eye is that weird plastic on top of VRM cooler that is different shade of red.

Alphacool block fits like a glove to the build

After small test fit it was obvious that the motherboard left even more room than I could ever use [/sarcasm]

Luckily pump/reservoir combo left more room than that I expected

Next update will follow within few days, just need to clarify couple plans before announcing anything

Question time! What does this magnificent piece has to do with this project?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Remove the crappy piece of plastic ! Soon, I'll be janking the white sticker off of my shiny Prime X370-Pro motherboard too. Manufacturers shouldn't hide pretty metal that acts as heatsinks !

Reactions: Markkedi

Markkedi

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 22, 2017
Remove the crappy piece of plastic ! Soon, I'll be janking the white sticker off of my shiny Prime X370-Pro motherboard too. Manufacturers shouldn't hide pretty metal that acts as heatsinks !

I agree 100%! Why would anyone make good looking heatsink and then ruin it with cheap plastic :(

Reactions: Phuncz

Markkedi

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 22, 2017
Quickie update! I ditched the red plastic from VRM to get more sexier look
It had only double sided tape on it so it didn't leave any marks on the metal :)

Markkedi

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 22, 2017
So, couple weeks has gone by and nothing has happened? No that's not the case :) There has been a lot happening behind the scenes, acquiring parts, getting camera gear for high quality photos and more.

I bought myself a camera and lens for dirt cheap. Canon 5D mk1 and Sigma 70-200 f2.8 macro, combo that I have always wanted.

This is just an small update to keep You guys (and gals?) up to date and to let You know this project hasn't died :)