If you really want to go for it, do an s4m with a 500w +250w HDPLEX Gan power supply. Bulkhead connectors through the bottom pci slot and low profile watercooling fittings.
Check for fitment because I am just spitballing here, but I think it would work :)
Hi All,
I built a watercooled S4M that I'd like to test if it would be worth to sell instead of parting out.
Specs:
Ryzen 5800x
Nvidia 3080
Asus Strix B550i
32gb Teamgroup 3600mhz CL18 ram (lowest profile ram with heatsink that would work)
Power Suppy: Supermicro 804p 800W
Pico-psu - Jhack...
Hey Morj - how thick is that Ali-express block? I was checking it out as an alternative to the alphacool xpx 1u (25mm thick). From the looks of it and connector sizes, I don't know if I buy the manufacturer's website's claim that it is only 20mm thick.
Hi there - sorry for the delay. The screw in the middle is M3, and the outer two are M4.
I've been toying with a 3d printed version (using high temp resistant ASA filament) of this module that could be a lot more compact. I'll post once I'm done and have it working the way it needs to.
Actually I addressed this with a trick I picked up from examining Gury’s work on my 600w power supply. I used heat shrink on the middle ground pin of the MR30 after the solder joint was done - that way the arcing path had a layer of insulation between the middle and each of the two other pins...
I must say, that is so freaking clever. I never would have thought of it in a million years. I’m a little tempted to copy it (yet again!) because the fittings between gpu and nvme are pushed a little too tightly against my ram when the case is closed.
Hey - I'll think about putting together a build log... I was a little self-conscious about hijacking Petricor's thread too much anyway. I'll try to summarize the high points here - all in all, this build is not easy at all - so go in expecting lots of issues.
First, some parts recommendations...
Interesting - one other thought;
It looks like Linkup has redesigned their extreme cable since the sample they sent you. The left angle cable seems ever so slightly lower profile- so if the other one was close and the new motherboard gives the clearance, it could work. The other thing is that...
This may be a long shot, but maybe the hdplex gold finger insert isn’t a straight pass through. It strikes me that it should be your reference for whether the adtlink does what you need. That key is directional so it can’t just be a straight pass through.
Other than that, haven’t you already...
One last thought - on your motherboard, you might be able to reclaim a few mm if you remove the metal enclosures surrounding your usb and sound ports. I've removed them once just to take a peek, and I don't think they were absolutely necessary.
Also, aluminum HVAC tape works nice as a EM shield...
What you are looking for is going to be tough. I'm really surprised the HDPLEX one doesn't work. The 3090 should not require PCIE 4.0, maybe check to make sure resizable bar isn't enabled in your bios too?
Does the long HDPlex cable work when you don't daisy chain them? You might try a shorter...
Good catch - I had mine flat at first and got it watertight through force, but had since carved the surface around the bulge.
Do you think you’ll have to sand / polish the watertight faces at all? Can’t tell from the pictures but they look like they have a course grain.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.