I've found some time to update the design, to hopefully finish this project soonⁱˢʰ.
I had issues with building my own metal bending brake, so I leave that step to the professionals, and changed the bending radii accordingly. I also had issues with the metal warping around the GPU fan grill...
So all the hype aside:
The interface for mounting a cooler onto the A320TM-ITX looks like the standard Intel design. Can anyone confirm?
Also I'm kinda puzzled by some of their design choices (only 1x SATA, 90° HDMI, no 12V support, no DP) to be be too excited about this. I surely hope, though...
I just learned about this new 12x12cm board from UP:
https://up-board.org/up-xtreme/
It comes with soldered CPU and RAM and will be available with i3/i5/i7 Whiskylake CPUs.
I'm pretty sure, that the AMD iGPUs won't work with macOS. You'd need an additional dGPU or stick with Intel. I recently finished a Hackintosh project on a H310M-STX board. It needs an external brick, but other than that makes a really nice MacMini replacement. Hardware compatibility is a major...
I ran into problems with the metal sheet bending, my setup and tools weren't sufficient to achieve the desired quality. I have yet to adjust the design to be manufacturable more easily, so I can directly order the finished pieces. Also the large vent on the GPU side caused the aluminium to warp...
I still have a back-to-back layout thin ITX project in the pipe, but I delayed it for now, as I recently got a new job, taking up more of my time. I also need to redo the design fore easier manufacturing.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.