Hi Guys,
Pleased to report I just received by Dan A4 and finally completed my build!
Set "Long Power Duration Limit" to 95, and everything seems to be working great.
I ended up having to return the ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti for what seemed to be messed up GPU memory causing the famous...
Ha! Glad all of this work is at least useful, @Kettun! Dan suggested the M1 originally, when I was looking at the 9900k and RX2080ti. I don't know a thing about that case except that it's a tiny bit larger. Might fit your card and help you avoid some of the wattage/temp compromises that the a4...
For folks who have builds on hold while waiting for this cooler, do you expect that at release there will be enough units to satisfy demand? (given that they're already sold out on SFFlab)
Also, will any of these be available in North America, or do they all ship from Europe & Asia?
Thanks!
Shoot, one last update:
Can I actually expect to use the ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11G Turbo (from the A4 compatibility list) in here without having temperature issues?
Case Dan A4-SFX
CPU i7-8700 (non-k)
GPU ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11G Turbo
Motherboard ASRock Motherboard (Z390 Phantom...
Yup , that is what I meant, thanks!. I had read here that @IceIceBear had managed to get a non-delidded 8700(k) running at 78c during stress tests using the C7. Some noise isn't a huge issue for me if the cooling is significantly (>20-25% better) on the noisier one. Although if @dondan...
I’ve preordered the v4 (mostly because I simply was unable to purchase a v3). Are the two bottom fans new additions to the current fan space, or has the existing fan space simply changed location?
How does the Black Ridge compare to the Cryorig C7 without vlp ram?
While the 645LT looks...
Thanks, @UnknownBehemoth and @dondan !
After considering your thoughts on CPU, there's two routes this could go. Any thoughts would be appreciated!!
Build A:
Uses i7-8700 (non k), and air cooling. The air cooling solution is taken from here and is comprised of a Cryorig C7 + Noctua NF-B9 redux...
Thanks for the link, @UnknownBehemoth; very interesting read. Looks like the performance drops happen with multiple cores engaged during rendering. As far as I've been able to find AIO shouldn't be an issue for air travel, even for a carry-on.
A question for @dondan (and apologies, but I...
Another update:
After some more research, it seems that the HDplex 400w wouldn't have enough juice to power the GPU. Also, it seems risky to fit the full length GPU along with the 120mm AIO.
So, taking @dondan 's advice and looking at:
Case Dan A4-SFX
CPU i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core...
Update: After scouring the internet, it looks like the Asetek LC645 and even the LC545 are totally sold out, without any indication as to when they'll be back, forcing me to have to stick with the Corsair Hydro H55.
The Optimum Tech guy claims that it's possible to fit in a full size GPU and...
Thanks for the quick and thorough reply, Dan!
The Corsair SF600 psu looks good.
A few questions:
I'd like to go with a full size GPU (11 GB Vram). The <95W "Long Power Duration Limit" would be required even if using the 92mm AIO? Is it correct that I'd be necessarily limiting the performance...
Hi Folks!
I'm a 3d Technical Artist for games that often switches to video editing and compositing work as well. I travel abroad quite often and wanted to have a full-powered, portable setup with me. I'd like to share my tentative build, and get any feedback before I officially hit the button...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.