Recent content by HWI

  1. HWI

    Advice Velka five rev three, PSU orientation and fan intake or exhaust setup, thermal reasoning check

    Velka 3 doesn't have top/bottom IO, it has rear IO. You can flip the case over to have the PSU on the top or bottom, but it has no impact on GPU IO orientation. Regarding GPU IO up vs down, generally GPU IO down is thermally superior due to heat pipe physics. Though, the difference is not...
  2. HWI

    Prototype SKARVOR Frame0: An Open-Air SFF Chassis

    I like the layout. It vaguely reminds me of the Crow's Bluff Design Elevation, which I wish had a rear mounted PSU.
  3. HWI

    Log Canvas SFF open air build

    Looks cool. Have you considered making a PCIe riser-less version? Maybe put the PSU on the back so the GPU can be standard mounted? (Full disclosure, I'm a PCIe riser hater)
  4. HWI

    SFF.Network Lian Li + DANCase’s B4 Hitting the Market

    Just to clarify, you don't need the Aerodeck to use the case in vertical mode. The case is available in the US on Amazon for $69.99, but it's still listed as a pre-order.
  5. HWI

    SFF.Network ASUS Announces the ROG NUC 16

    Seems like it'll be a cool little machine, but you know it's going to be priced outrageously.
  6. HWI

    Discussion Has Louqe Computer Gone Out-of-Business?

    Nice case choice and that orange looks awesome.
  7. HWI

    Funding no soulless box - CASENDRA by REMHA - 8.8L folding wooden SFF case

    Not my jam, but I can really appreciate the design and hope it's successful for you.
  8. HWI

    SFF.Network ASUS Launches the TUF Gaming B850I WiFi Neo Mini-ITX AM5 Motherboard

    That's not really accurate. Their B850-I sells for more like $350, but frequently goes on sale for like $280-$300. Their X870-I is the one that is normally $400-$450 in the US.
  9. HWI

    Concept Odesce Studio – Project Hexa (Hexa v1)

    I'm an air cooler enjoyer so this isn't something I would purchase, but it's a cool idea and I hope it works out for you.
  10. HWI

    Discussion Crow's Bluff Design Shut Down?

    Looks like Crow's Bluff Design may have shut down. Their website has been down for at least a few weeks now. I know they were nowhere near as big or well known as the recently deceased Louqe, especially since they only had a single open frame case, but I really enjoy the simplicity of the Elevation.
  11. HWI

    Advice SFF build help - teen gaming comp

    Swap the 8700F for a 9600X (if you want to save some $) or 7700X (if you need 8 cores). The 8700F is gimped, cut down to only support PCIe 4x8.
  12. HWI

    Discussion Ram/ Storage prices...really is off the roof.

    Nvidia is reportedly going to significantly cut back on gaming GPU production if the rumor is to be believed...
  13. HWI

    SFF.Network Lian Li Unveils their SP V2 Line of SFX Power Supplies

    Yes, for sure. The OC versions of the 9070 XT use 3 PCIe power connectors, they draw around 310W and 350W depending on model. The AIBs generally recommend 750W to 850W PSU.
  14. HWI

    SFF.Network Lian Li Unveils their SP V2 Line of SFX Power Supplies

    It's a miss only including two 6+2 pin PCIe power connectors, the high power AMD GPUs still use three.
  15. HWI

    Discussion Is 360 AIO really a good fit for SFFs?

    Just eyeballing those cases based on the 360 rad support and not looking up actual measurements, neither look SFF. They both look to be 25+ liters and solidly in the MFF segment.