You know what I love the most about this forum ?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
No trolls.
Seriously, how refreshing it is to just talk and discuss stuff without some random derp trolling about ? Not that [H]'s SFF forum is a troll-nest, but discussing CPU and GPU's without anyone going "AMD should die" is like laying on a serene beach with the calm blue ocean just washing at your feet, with your pet dog running around having fun with a frisbee. Without him taking a dump on your face.

My buttcheeks approve of this beach.

Reactions: WiSK and jeshikat

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It's just a matter of time. I don't want to take a heavy-handed approach to moderating people's differing opinions on hardware so we'll get there eventually, like Godwin's law. However, I have no tolerance for personal attacks so that won't be an issue :)

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Let me suggest the Chainsaw Method recently depicted in the new Doom to dispense of trolls:

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
It's one of the perks of being a smaller online community, where everyone "knows" everyone else (at least, as much as is possible with an online forum :p).

If we get to the point where people start joining not via referrals or word-of-mouth, but through discovery, that's when we'll probably start to see more issues with behavior, trolling, etc. But I'm hopeful that the culture and nature of discourse that we're all helping to craft today will hold steady as more people visit and post on the forum.

Moderating will be an interesting challenge at that point.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Yes indeed, it helps that most people here are mainly driven enthusiasts and not random internets people that feed off of other people's energy.