White Node 202

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
May 14, 2016
I made this over the weekend for my girlfriend. She was jealous of my Osmi and wanted something similar.

• i5 6500
  • Asus H170 Pro
  • 16gb DDR3
  • Shuriken Rev B. Cooler
  • MSI 980TI Gaming
  • Corsair SF600

Build runs good. CPU idles around 25-30C and around 60C while gaming. The 980TI is a beast with heat. While playing Overwatch I hit around 88C. Too hot for my liking. Picked up a couple Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex I will throw in next week. Should have used a blower card but oh well.

Sprayed the case with Primer, and then did , multiple light layers of matte white spraypaint. I never knew how much time it takes to spraypaint something, and that it's a long process. It will look bad the first few layers...but around layer 6-7 then it starts to come together. Drew a heart on, cause well it's cute.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Nice looking project, looks good and has a nice unique touch !

Sprayed the case with Primer, and then did , multiple light layers of matte white spraypaint. I never knew how much time it takes to spraypaint something, and that it's a long process. It will look bad the first few layers...but around layer 6-7 then it starts to come together.
Yeah it's not easy as it seems, but it does look well done now !
I'm still learning too, there's alot to learn with spraypainting to do it well.

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
May 14, 2016
Just wanted to chime in what a difference adding the Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex fans made. Before I was hitting 90/95C while gaming in Overwatch....Now with the fans I hit 65C tops. If anyone is insterested in this case, I think these fans are a must.

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
Nicely done mate!
Looks just a bit funky with the near all white, but the heart just adds some amazing character to it!

Dermo

What's an ITX?
Jan 2, 2017
What primer did you use? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, looks really neat, except it's a build for myself, so no heart :D I assume though I just need some sort of plastic spray primer.

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
May 14, 2016
What primer did you use? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, looks really neat, except it's a build for myself, so no heart :D I assume though I just need some sort of plastic spray primer.

I just went to the store and purchased standard grey primer. They also had matte white which I used after. It's super easy, but just requires lots of patience. Make sure you have a solid even coat of grey, then start with the white. Lots of waiting for it to dry in between coats.