which type connector is this? And reconendations for a new fan.

ROTOR

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
Hi!

I want to upgrade this fan:

is from asrock htpc

I need help to discover what type of connector is this

Photos

I think that is this:

And the problem I think is the holes, not all socket G3 I found on Internet follows the same specifications and intel do not provide one in any datasheet.

Needs to be high to avid this connectors:

All off this if because mi cooler is going to die soon :confused:.

I found the blades to change it but if a can't archive a better thermal solution I prefer it

Thanks and sorry for the images.

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
Most likely it's a 3-pin JST.

But good luck finding a good replacement fan :) That's certainly neither a standard heatsink or mounting platform.

ROTOR

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
Thanks for all the answers.

I'd advise typing the original fan reference in Foogle, Flebay or Flappybaba :D. Or maybe just drop a mail to Asrock

I really do it all this thing, and I can find one internet, and waiting for asrock answer, I still hope they have one :D

EDIT: Obviously if any one know where to find one, please tell to me

Last edited:

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
You can find 3pins JST to 3pins fan adapters quite easily. Those JST are also referred to as "mini GPU fan connector".

I think I didn't fully understand what you are after. Do you need a new blower fan or the whole cooling system (fan + heatsink) ?

ROTOR

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
Do you need a new blower fan or the whole cooling system (fan + heatsink) ?

If asrock give me a new Heatsink + fan change it, if not, y Buy the fan ( is this
SUNON GC125025VH-A) and change for the old one because, I have all the day searching in the web and there is not any other option for mi HTPC, it is a custom design only for asrock.

ROTOR

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 15, 2017
I buy the fan before anything because I don find any solution , but the repairs need to wait until I arrive to home the next moth thank to all