GPU Where i can find a custom passive gpu?

tifaff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 8, 2019
If you want a SFF build completly fanless you can try a GTX 1650 Super.
It might work, but if it does it will be a the temp limit. Anything more powerful will need a fan.
I just tried the Morpheus II on my GTX 1060 in my fanless Streacom DA2, in game the GPU reaches 95°c in ~40min and starts to throttle.
well thats a valuable information, i will need to think what to do. Maybe just go to an 3 slot gpu with 3 fans... or a gpu with cpu heatsink + 2 fans or just a passive big heantsink in the card

Last edited:

Smanci

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2017
Or a small GPU heatsink with one fan. GTX 1070 / 35C ΔT.

Reactions: Kooki

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
well thats a valuable information, i will need to think what to do. Maybe just go to an 3 slot gpu with 3 fans... or a gpu with cpu heatsink + 2 fans or just a passive big heantsink in the card
Just to state the obvious: you're aware that no cooler anywhere near that size will fit on a GPU mounted inside that console case, right?

Beyond that, passively cooling any GPU beyond 50-75W requires a lot of metal and a lot of airflow - and thus a lot of space (or a case designed around this need).

tifaff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 8, 2019
Or a small GPU heatsink with one fan. GTX 1070 / 35C ΔT.
what heatsink is that (gpu and cpu) and how about the temps in full load?

im waiting for the noctua passive cooler release (2020) they said that can handle 120tdp

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
what heatsink is that (gpu and cpu) and how about the temps in full load?

im waiting for the noctua passive cooler release (2020) they said that can handle 120tdp
What case are you planning on using for this?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
maybe i will need to buy a new one, thats depends on what gpu i will use in the future, that also i want a pasive cpu cooler, i already have a passive psu.
I was asking as you were talking about the Sliger Console/Conswole cases, and neither of these will fit a decent sized (and thus decent TDP) passive CPU cooler, let alone a GPU modded with a huge CPU cooler. A setup like that will require a lot of space in the right places, and a very specific configuration to be space efficient. It's unlikely you'll find something like that off the shelf.

tifaff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 8, 2019
I was asking as you were talking about the Sliger Console/Conswole cases, and neither of these will fit a decent sized (and thus decent TDP) passive CPU cooler, let alone a GPU modded with a huge CPU cooler. A setup like that will require a lot of space in the right places, and a very specific configuration to be space efficient. It's unlikely you'll find something like that off the shelf.
the user @Smanci have both passive cooler in a small form factor, and case's fans arent loudy (because his big size) so i dont care much to have one or two.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
the user @Smanci have both passive cooler in a small form factor, and case's fans arent loudy (because his big size) so i dont care much to have one or two.
If you're referring to the photo above, yes they are both technically passive (though I'd argue that is a bit misleading given how close the fans are), but they are also in a rather large case - mATX support and quite wide to fit that CPU cooler. Definitely not console layout, and it only works due to there being mounting options for large fans directly next to both heatsinks. I'm just saying that every part of the build needs to be taken into consideration for something like this :)

Last edited:

tifaff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 8, 2019
isnt more easy to stick the fan direct to the gpu heatsink?

btw, what cpu cooler is that one?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
isnt more easy to stick the fan direct to the gpu heatsink?

btw, what cpu cooler is that one?
Looks like a Thermalright Macho Zero. Quite a beefy cooler, with well spaced fins for passive dissipation. 162mm tall, so definitely not for the slimmest cases.

As for mounting the fan to the GPU heatsink, it won't be passive any longer... but beyond that, that's a good idea. If what you want is quieter cooling, stripping off the original fans from the heatsink and adding larger and quieter fans is often a good and relatively simple solution (as long as there's room and airflow).

tifaff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 8, 2019
maybe i will buy a 3 slot gpu with 3 fans, althrought, i don't think there is a 2060 with those characteristics... although I read that these rtx come with quite a coil whine, at least the high-end ones

I really don't need a high-end gpu for the games I play
this is the best that i can find, i was thinking to put it in the sm560 i have a 450w platinium psu, but i think that can handle it.

Last edited:

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
maybe i will buy a 3 slot gpu with 3 fans, althrought, i don't think there is a 2060 with those characteristics... although I read that these rtx come with quite a coil whine, at least the high-end ones

I really don't need a high-end gpu for the games I play
this is the best that i can find, i was thinking to put it in the sm560 i have a 450w platinium psu, but i think that can handle it.
https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce...tx 2060&cm_re=rtx_2060-_-14-126-280-_-Product
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-gef...tx 2060&cm_re=rtx_2060-_-14-932-220-_-Product
https://www.newegg.com/zotac-geforc...tx 2060&cm_re=rtx_2060-_-14-500-469-_-Product
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-gef...tx 2060&cm_re=rtx_2060-_-14-932-116-_-Product
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-gef...tx 2060&cm_re=rtx_2060-_-14-932-116-_-Product

tifaff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 8, 2019
any know a model of a 2060 super without coil whine issues? also which models/brands to avoid

Last edited: