GPU Where i can find a custom passive gpu?

tifaff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 8, 2019
Some enthusiasts sell it here or elsewhere?
I was waiting for the market to draw one for mid-range cards (1660-2060) but still nothing

Reactions: Kooki

Kilrah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2017
It makes little sense for such powerful cards, you'd need massive case airflow to cool it...

tifaff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 8, 2019
Last edited:

Kilrah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2017
On the 1660 there is a pic with something that looks like a dual tower cooler flattened...
But regardless, the fans/airflow is technically still needed, just you have to provide it with case airflow...

tifaff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 8, 2019
On the 1660 there is a pic with something that looks like a dual tower cooler flattened...
But regardless, the fans/airflow is technically still needed, just you have to provide it with case airflow...
yeah at least some fan in the case close to the gpu

btw i still dont see the pic, can you put it here?

Kilrah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 20, 2017
Was on the 1650 actually.

yeah at least some fan in the case close to the gpu
But then it makes little sense, having it on the GPU itself is more efficient...

Reactions: CottonTexas

tifaff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 8, 2019
Was on the 1650 actually.

But then it makes little sense, having it on the GPU itself is more efficient...
well i can use a biggest fan in the case slot, so less loud

also, 1650 vs 1060 (i have that) which is better? its look that i need a very long jump to dont wasted money, maybe 1660ti

that mod have the vram slot covered?
in what case do you plan on using it?
a console style, still i need to check the sizes

Last edited:
Reactions: Plaklijm

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
well i can use a biggest fan in the case slot, so less loud

also, 1650 vs 1060 (i have that) which is better? its look that i need a very long jump to dont wasted money, maybe 1660ti

that mod have the vram slot covered?

a console style, still i need to check the sizes
neat little case!

tifaff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 8, 2019
i dont think that these heatsink can handle a 2060, unless he doesn't use the same ones as in the 1660ti

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
i dont think that these heatsink can handle a 2060, unless he doesn't use the same ones as in the 1660ti
why dont you make your own? just buy a GPU you like(it can be the cheapest one because your not using the heatsink anyways) and a passive heatsink rated for the tdp of the card, and screw the stock heatsink of, and place your own heatsink on top of the card, maybe even with liqiud metal? it isnt going to help that much, but in this case every little bit helps

tifaff

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 8, 2019
why dont you make your own? just buy a GPU you like(it can be the cheapest one because your not using the heatsink anyways) and a passive heatsink rated for the tdp of the card, and screw the stock heatsink of, and place your own heatsink on top of the card, maybe even with liqiud metal? it isnt going to help that much, but in this case every little bit helps
those card needs cpu heatsinks, because the only heatsink for gpu are for the 1050ti i think... so if i use the cpu ones i need to make a bracket to put it in and thats impossible to me

larkmaj

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
Maybe the Arctic Accelero series is worth a look? I know it's a popular mod to use them in an NCase, removing the stock fans and using case mounted Noctuas instead.

Unless you had another mod in mind, I'd be careful of that Sliger Console since in either case the fans are on the back of the GPU. Might be workable in the conswole though.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
those card needs cpu heatsinks, because the only heatsink for gpu are for the 1050ti i think... so if i use the cpu ones i need to make a bracket to put it in and thats impossible to me
there are plenty of after market GPU heatsink solution out there, for universal cards. But what you also could do is investigate some more, and buy like a 2.75 or 2.5 slot card, take the fanbs of it, and be left with a 2 slot card with only a heatsink.
here are some examples
https://www.highflow.nl/aircooling/...rpheus-ii-core-black-heatpipe-vga-cooler.html
https://www.highflow.nl/aircooling/gpu-coolers/thermalright-hr-03-plus.
https://tweakers.net/pricewatch/380957/arctic-xtreme-iv.html
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16835242041
(ps sorry, some sites are dutch, because i am dutch so yeah, keep that in mind:))
Or just look up VGA cooler, or GPU cooler

Reactions: Curiosity

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
Maybe the Arctic Accelero series is worth a look? I know it's a popular mod to use them in an NCase, removing the stock fans and using case mounted Noctuas instead.

Unless you had another mod in mind, I'd be careful of that Sliger Console since in either case the fans are on the back of the GPU. Might be workable in the conswole though.
from what i saw of the pictures, the fans are completly chocked by the GPU backplate, so i dont think its a handy place to put fan there with the conswole

larkmaj

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
from what i saw of the pictures, the fans are completly chocked by the GPU backplate, so i dont think its a handy place to put fan there with the conswole
My thinking was with the Conswole you had some room on top for the fans with the 3rd slot. Although I'm guessing there are no fan mounting holes there.

Plaklijm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 18, 2019
My thinking was with the Conswole you had some room on top for the fans with the 3rd slot. Although I'm guessing there are no fan mounting holes there.
looking from the pictures, and the discription, only place is behind, maybe you could fit some screws or stuf betweem those slids. but dont think so. you can also glue them or stick them there, because there is no point at putting the behind the GPU

Last edited:

ApaucalyptiK

Caliper Novice
Nov 25, 2019
If you want a SFF build completly fanless you can try a GTX 1650 Super.
It might work, but if it does it will be a the temp limit. Anything more powerful will need a fan.
I just tried the Morpheus II on my GTX 1060 in my fanless Streacom DA2, in game the GPU reaches 95°c in ~40min and starts to throttle.

Reactions: Kooki and Plaklijm