CPU thermalright si-100 for AM4 - brackets for 90deg orientation

hal0ofwint3r

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Aug 9, 2024
i stumbled on a YT video where someone has an SI-100 in 90deg orientation (heat pipes facing up/down), on an AM4 board. i asked him where he got the brackets to be able to rotate the cooler orientation 90deg, and he said the brackets came with the cooler. which is weird, because they don't. i have this cooler, and watched many other reviews on youtube of this cooler, with package unboxing, as well as searched website reviews of this cooler as well, and none of them show the brackets the guy in the youtube video used, or the same brackets in other reviews. they have the thermalright logo on them! he continued to say those brackets came with the cooler, even after i told him that even reno from thermalright said they do not. and with my e-mail discussions with reno, he said several things - no, 90deg orientation with the SI-100 isn't possible, to those brackets don't exist. even after i attached pictures of those thermalright brackets that do exist. and are the same thermalright brackets that the guy in the video used to mount his SI-100 in the 90deg orientation, and the same brackets that even thermalright themselves even had in one of their own videos. sorry, not trying to knock down either person, but it's just frustrating when i'm not getting answers to how those brackets were obtained or which cooler they really came from. anyone know how i can get a hold of those brackets, or what other cooler they are from? because yes, it is completely possible to install in a 90deg orientation with whatever thermalright brackets he is using, that don't come with the cooler, including mine.

Reactions: Mark13

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Silver Supporter
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
i stumbled on a YT video where someone has an SI-100 in 90deg orientation (heat pipes facing up/down), on an AM4 board. i asked him where he got the brackets to be able to rotate the cooler orientation 90deg, and he said the brackets came with the cooler. which is weird, because they don't (...)

What the massive text wall without line breaks of yours (sorry, but thats so hard to read!) doesnt tell is:

a) what video are your referring to?
A link would be nice.

b) have you looked at DIFFERENT CPU coolers? Because most of the current Thermalright range use exactly the same brackets, so one can easily interchange an SI-100 with an AXP-120x67 (I tested them, so yes, I know).

What IS different between those are their fan mounting brackets.

But I also know of revisions of Thermalright coolers, so maybe some earlier versions of a different CPU cooler came with those CPU mounting brackets, and now they dont anymore.

OR, it could be a REVIEW sample, so a PRE-production sample, that has different mounting options for this, but ultimately was dropped for the regular production (eg. cost savings or just not reliable enough, who knows?).

cu, w0lf.

hal0ofwint3r

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Aug 9, 2024
ha, sorry i'm an idiot. forgot to add the video link. and you have a good point with the cooler revisions and review samples, makes sense. could be why i don't see these brackets that i want, with any of TR's coolers. and sorry about my post all in one big pile. was never good at writing haha. but here's the video:

Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Okay, sorry for missing your DM.

AM4 default for TR coolers for the AXP120 and SI-100 should be the short rounded bars, not sure why the video reviewer had the longer ones (that are usually for single tower CPU coolers).

Should you want to rotate the CPU 90degrees, you will need the monuting bars from one of their Single Tower CPU Coolers for AM4. It's the top two angular bars from the picture below.

if you have access to Taobao, there are vendors who will sell you only the mounting bars that you require.