Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

Hexxagram

Trash Compacter
Jul 8, 2018
Internally its a standqrd sandwich layout (if you dont use the traditional bracket) and from my experience with sandwich layouts (FormD T1 v1.1 and Thorzone Mjolnir) my custom cables from pslate for the FormD work interchangeably in any tight fitting sandwich layout. Only the gpu power cables may be a different size.
I see. thanks for your inputs, Mr. Eveready. 🙂

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
With support for up to 4-slot GPUs, do you guys think that a side mounted rad on the GPU side would be viable?
Was thinking the same thing! As long as you can find a way to mount it, it seems do able! Could even mount it with magnets or screws (or those rubber fan mount things from noctua) through the perforations in the side panel.

Reactions: TaylorChiller

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
With support for up to 4-slot GPUs, do you guys think that a side mounted rad on the GPU side would be viable?
This all depends on the parts you buy really. If I were to do this it would have to be a mod and I would try to take advantage of the rail system. Probably use the multi use bracket, or part of it to make my own mounting points. The magnets on the side panels are not designed to hold in more weight than a couple fans potentially, so I will not suggest to mount weight bearing items on the panels.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone!

>>We are very excited to open pre-orders this Friday, April 15th, and thank you all for your support!<<
We want to let you know there will be a limited number of cases produced every production run. This is based on our manufacturing capacity.

For regional availability, we have decided to focus on North America, Europe (in major select areas), and Australia for this first run. This is to the keep production process smooth.

General Shipping Estimates

-North America: $30-60
-Europe: $100-150
-Australia: $150

(Depends on rates and shipping time selection)

Project Updates

We have also been paying close attention to variations in the market for raw material costs and operational costs. As we do a final review of project quotes, it is possible that the price of the Slate-Case may need to be adjusted to meet those requirements.

However, we are committed to retaining a promotional price for this first run and look forward to your participation on Friday!

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
Will we be updated prior to the 15th on what accessories/options will be available to purchase? I know there are side panel choices and that bracket for installation without a riser, just want to not have to fumble my way through checking out just in case.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Will we be updated prior to the 15th on what accessories/options will be available to purchase? I know there are side panel choices and that bracket for installation without a riser, just want to not have to fumble my way through checking out just in case.
@Gmoney yes of course. I'll have an email sent out hopefully tomorrow on this. We were going to release the bracket and the feet later but we have received enough feedback for them so we have asked the factory if we can fit them in with the first order. The website will be updated appropriately to and should be easy to select the options you want.

• Love

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
@Gmoney yes of course. I'll have an email sent out hopefully tomorrow on this. We were going to release the bracket and the feet later but we have received enough feedback for them so we have asked the factory if we can fit them in with the first order. The website will be updated appropriately to and should be easy to select the options you want.
Perfect thanks.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Hey @TaylorChiller Sorry to bother you and ask again, but what's the dimensions on the bottom I/O cutout (direct access to the IO)? Trying to plan something for that space.... Thankee!

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Looks like the site is updated to include Case Feet, additional DP cables, and the Trad bracket on the products page!
Stay Calm Chill Out GIF by Stan.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019

Hey Everyone!​

A per the email, and info on the product page, we had a long talk with the factory last night about raw material costs, supply constraints, and COVID slowdowns. This resulted in a re-quote of manufacturing costs and our production costs increased.

With pre-orders starting tomorrow we had a difficult decision to either delay the project or increase the unit price as a result. We have come so far and decided, from direct feedback from supporters, that a price adjustment is better than waiting/redesign.

The price for the PRE-ORDER Slate-Case AQ will be increased to $325 USD.

Hopefully this isn't a set back for you all, and we wish the best!

Also, please note that while selecting variations for the PRE-ORDER this will adjust if you want configurations that require higher cost parts.

We have also added the Trad Bracket, Display Port Cable, and Aluminum Feet as separate products that will be shipped with your Slate-Case PRE-ORDER.

Best regards,

Taylor, Protolyth LLC (April 14th, 2022)

coby

Chassis Packer
Aug 16, 2021
odd question but is there enough clearance underneath the radiator to pass through cables? trying to figure out how the cables will be routed to the io.

edit: noticed after taking a look a the dimensions having 294mm with support of 280mm radiators there will be 14mm maybe less clearance, that's a tight fit.

Last edited: