SFF.Network [SFF Network] BIOSTAR's H110MD PRO Motherboard Released

Adding to BIOSTAR's 'PRO' line of motherboards (all of the capslock!), the H110MD PRO is a Flex-ATX motherboard with Intel's socket 1151 and the H110 chipset. As part of the PRO series motherboard range, BIOSTAR claims the BIOSTAR H110MD PRO boasts improved stability and durability for improved reliability.

The BIOSTAR H110MD PRO supports 6th-generation Intel Core processors and uses the H110 chip and can run up to 16GB of DDR3L 1600.

Read more here.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Wow that's some sparse I/O.

Three things I immediately notice:
  1. DVI-D instead of DVI-I.
  2. Two unused SATA connections at the bottom. If they wanted to limit users to 4, having two of them down there would greatly improve cable routing as the Front I/O stuff is already there anyway.
  3. If the PCIe x16 slot the second one and not the first, this board could be a bit more interesting to some people.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Wow that's some sparse I/O.

Three things I immediately notice:
  1. DVI-D instead of DVI-I.
  2. Two unused SATA connections at the bottom. If they wanted to limit users to 4, having two of them down there would greatly improve cable routing as the Front I/O stuff is already there anyway.
  3. If the PCIe x16 slot the second one and not the first, this board could be a bit more interesting to some people.

1 - I think they used the analogue side of the DVI to power the VGA
2 - yeah the SATA location is a bit meh
3 -Either way a dual slot GPU will block a PCIex1 slot

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
1. That would be possible, could save them a bit of cost doing it that way
3. Yes, but you need 3 slots in your case for this board anyway, and having an additional PCIe device in the slot above the GPU would prevent it from blocking the GPUs intake. I guess consideration doesn't go that far with low-cost boards.