Samsung PM961 Polaris 256GB M.2

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
Really tempted to get one of these for a boot drive to put in the Ryzen APU ITX when the motherboards and APUs eventually arrive........Gamble is there may be something better out by that time, but then again it may be a great m.2 that is no longer available when I get to building..............I always use Samsung for SSD and this will be my first M.2, and it looks fine in reviews etc and the price is fair.............But is my logic flawed? Could I do better?
Any thoughts on this will be welcome..........

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Aren't these just OEM relabelled 960 Pro drives? Also at this point I might think about waiting until computex has come and gone before pulling the trigger on anything.

Reactions: Phuncz

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Dec 10, 2016
"Aren't these just OEM relabelled 960 Pro drives? Also at this point I might think about waiting until computex has come and gone before pulling the trigger on anything."

"Just" relabelled? OEM 960 Pro........... ??........Not as if it needs to be humble about its origins...........
Anyway, decided to make life easier and probably get a 960 EVO 256GB.............Can wait a while though, as mentioned, Computex may have interesting news...................and APU release is a way off yet.