RX 570 4GB Mini ITX Graphics Driver Installation Fail in Optiplex 960

randog311

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 21, 2019
I just purchased a RX 570 4 GB Mini ITX in a Optiplex 960, I am having issues getting the Graphics Driver to Load properly, I have tried loading from the supplied Disc, from the AMD.com and Sapphiretech.com Websites, I am replacing a "Dead" GeForce 740 sc 2 GB that had functioned fine since mid 2016, I uninstalled the previous EVGA Software using the CCleaner Tool.
The Build consists of the Optiplex 960 Motherboard, i5 2400, 8 GB DDR3, C: SSD 240 GB / D: Sata 2 TB, Optical Drive, Corsair CX750M, Haupauge Win-TV Quad HD Card, Win 7 Pro, Silverstone GD07 HTPC Case.
Any suggestions and or helpful Links would be greatly appreciated.
The Warning I receive reads: " No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD Driver Appropriate for your hardware".
The latest Software I've found is Version: 19.7.2
Thanks in advance, randog311

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
You should try using DDU to clean up the older drivers if you haven't yet, and if that doesn't work possibly consider fresh installing Windows 10 (7 seems up to date with 19.7.2 being latest version, but should consider 10 for better compatibility going forward).

Last edited:

randog311

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 21, 2019
You should try using DDU to clean up the older drivers if you haven't yet, and if that doesn't work possibly consider fresh installing Windows 10 (7 seems up to date with 19.7.2 being latest version, but should consider 10 for better compatibility going forward).
Thanks for the reply, I am currently away from home, I'm going to attempt Recovery from an "Easy US Todo" Thumb Drive in "UEFI" BIOS rather than the current Legacy setting.
BTW, I'm trying to keep WMC for OTA recordings. I read somewhere that it mat be possible to "Sideload" WMC onto Win 10?
Anybody on this site had any experience in using WMC with Win 10?

Thank, randog311

randog311

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 21, 2019
Thanks, I've downloaded driver's (Same) from both AMD.com and SapphireTech.com.
I believe that another on this Site was correct in that the current Win 7 OS was installed in Legacy Bios mode.
This morning I dropped off the PC at a local small PC Shop.
Hopefully everything I told them hasn't been said to Deaf Ears.
I really would like to retain WMC, I am okay retaining Win 7 even though Support kis going away soon.
Anyone know of a way to side load WMC onto Win 10?
or another suitable option for OTA recording?
I believe to switch BIOS from Legacy to UEFI that a Fresh OS install is required. The shop hopefully has all options of an OS on hand?
Thanks, randog311

rissotto

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 6, 2020
Strange, I, too, could not install the driver normally, but even an update from the official site did not help me.
strange situation, maybe you selected wrong verion? Try updating automatically using the device manager. If it doesn’t help, you can download one of the thinkmobiles.com/blog/best-free-driver-updater/ free driver packs that will help you identify and install drivers that are relevant to you.

Last edited: