Log RTX A2000 4L Hardline Water Cooled Build

nicknamenik

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 22, 2022

I decided not to write a full summary of the build and just wanted to share a few photos. It was an extremely fun project and I think it turned out great.

System specs:

-RTX A2000 (shunt modded)
-i5 11400F
-PNY XLR8 Gaming 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
-MAXSUN Challenger H510ITX
-Samsung 980 1TB NVMe
-450w 1U PSU
-A09 SFF Case
-Scythe Kaze-Hachi KH12H-P 80mm Fanx2
-Modultra LOBO Acetal Pump Block
-Bykski N-RTXA2000-X-V2 Water Block
-Bykski CR-RD80X2RC-TN 160mm Radiator
-Custom 3D Printed Front Panel
-BARROWCH FBFT06 TFT Digital Display
-Bykski/Barrow Fittings Assortment

I realize it's a silly and impractical build, but I did it simply because I really enjoy building silly and impractical SFF systems. Hope some of you like it.

nicknamenik

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 22, 2022
Awesome awesome build !
Thank you!
Build looks great but I would like to see the motherboard side.
Thanks, but I'm not sure what you mean by motherboard side. If you mean the back of the motherboard, this case is small and doesn't allow to open the back side panel, so there's actually nothing there. All the cable management is done in the front.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Thank you!

Thanks, but I'm not sure what you mean by motherboard side. If you mean the back of the motherboard, this case is small and doesn't allow to open the back side panel, so there's actually nothing there. All the cable management is done in the front.
Because I'm am idiot. I didn't look closely enough and thought this was a conventional sandwich case.

mikejmcfarlane

Average Stuffer
Apr 19, 2022
Silly and impractical? Maybe, also fun, and elegant, and the sort of build I come to this site for:) Really like the design you produced for the front panel, the texturing really offsets the glossy metal nicely

any chance of some closed case photos pls?

what is the riser card you used, and is it full pcie speed?

Reactions: rfarmer

nicknamenik

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 22, 2022
Silly and impractical? Maybe, also fun, and elegant, and the sort of build I come to this site for:) Really like the design you produced for the front panel, the texturing really offsets the glossy metal nicely

Thanks a lot dude!

any chance of some closed case photos pls?

Sure, here's a close-up shot of the front panel and with closed case.

what is the riser card you used, and is it full pcie speed?

I bought this riser off of Amazon, I believe it's full PCIe gen4 speed.

Reactions: mikejmcfarlane

OnNitrous

Cable Smoosher
Apr 4, 2020
Just want to say I love the build. So much so I going to have a crack at using that case with 13600k and the rtx4000 sff.

a friend of mine wants a portable build for comp CS2 (counter strike). Any idea the FPS in CS2 using your build?
also did you just cut down the mounting bracket for the GPU? or did you grab one off another card somewhere?

nicknamenik

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 22, 2022
Just want to say I love the build. So much so I going to have a crack at using that case with 13600k and the rtx4000 sff.
Thank you! Good luck on your build. Hopefully you have a solution to turn the RTX 4000 SFF into a single slot.
a friend of mine wants a portable build for comp CS2 (counter strike). Any idea the FPS in CS2 using your build?
I don't own CSGO, but looking at some benchmarks with similar hardware, you're looking at around 250/300fps @1080p low/mid settings.
also did you just cut down the mounting bracket for the GPU? or did you grab one off another card somewhere?
Yes, I did cut the original baffle bracket in half in order to turn the a2000 into a single slot card.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Looks great! What case is that? I assume you printed the front radiator extension?

::EDIT:: Just realised you've actually said it's an A09 case.

Last edited:

nicknamenik

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 22, 2022
Looks great! What case is that? I assume you printed the front radiator extension?

::EDIT:: Just realised you've actually said it's an A09 case.
Thanks! Yes, it's the A09 case variant with the plastic front panel. I just removed the original one and asked a friend to help me 3d print a custom front panel that would fit a 160x40mm sff radiator.

OnNitrous

Cable Smoosher
Apr 4, 2020
I bought a single slot bracket from eBay. I am hoping I can jerry rig something. and if not I may be able to laser cut something.