Power Supply Pico PSU Power Cable Replacement

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
I can't seem to figure this one out; I am dizzy from googling and looking at thousands of images. Can the ATX 24, 4-Pin CPU, SATA, 4-Pin Molex, etc. on Pico PSUs be changed/replaced? Are sleeved or solid color power cables available like larger ATX PSUs?

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
The 150-XT and 160-XT have a modular sata + pata cable. The 4 pin cpu and input are always soldered. Afaik there's no solid color cables and sleeving has to be done yourself.

EDIT: looks like the 4 pin cpu is modular as well.

Last edited:

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
robbee: Thank you. Concur, unfortunately what I deducted as well... just wanted to make sure I wasn't being a complete idiot and missing something obvious.

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
Would Flexo Pet sleeving work with Pico PSU? I can't believe there isn't a sleeved cable kit for pico PSUs yet!

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Yea, Flexo would be fine but in most cases you can see through it to the color of the wire.
If that's not your preferred look, I would recommend Teleios sleeving, it's nice and dense, and I find it easier to work with than the MDPC sleeving.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
If you have a local machinist, perhaps you could have a better, more efficient heatsink designed for it?
The issue with that was the unsafe amount of heat that it generated right?

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
If you have a local machinist, perhaps you could have a better, more efficient heatsink designed for it?
The issue with that was the unsafe amount of heat that it generated right?

What if only used up to 70 watts max?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
HDPlex is releasing a similar unit that should be much higher quality shortly.