No.75 MKII

itzfx

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 13, 2017
Hey everyone,

Thought I'd start my future Ghost (No.75) build thread a little early and just show/plan some of my ideas for it. A little about myself, I am a law school student, who is also a freelance 3d artist and digital/traditional sculptor. I've recently started getting into CAD and have been really enjoying it, so different to modeling in say 3ds max or Maya. Anyhow, with everything that's been going on, I found myself wanting to downsize. I currently have a giant Hex Gear R80, x99 5960X dual SLi Titan X SC's for my rendering and 3d workstation. And I want to go smaller, much smaller.

I plan to offload it in the next month or two, and replace it with an x299 build, thanks to Asrock, I don't really have to compromise at all. Now this will still be a workstation so I am not going super sff. I've been entertaining a few ideas. One was to create a pedestal similar to caselabs and the tj07, where I can vertically line the radiators. See below:

It requires a bottom plate and front and back extrudes, and reuses the side panels especially, if like me, you're looking to get glass side panels. This was a quick but pretty accurate 'mesh' model, as we await Louqe to release the 3d model. The pedestal has several benefits of fitting HD cages, ATX PSUs, 240-280 Rads (depends on the size of front/back extrudes). Alternatively, I'll consider getting 2 L-top hats, which is pretty much the same size, but has a different aesthetic.

The reason I am starting this early is also because of the custom pump res cpu monoblock I've created, which some of you have wrote to me expressing interest in. I wanted to do this from the get-go as I knew I wanted to put a 7960X in this system. It uses the DC-LT pump, and is a 2 piece custom top for the bitspower x299 itx monoblock. It is a simple swap fitment over the bitspower plate.

The base block is 15mm over the original 10mm bitspower block, and has deeper channels. The second embedded pump top is 10mm thick and has a combined 18mm depth of reservoir channel. I will have a friend of mine prototype it for me and I'll run some test on it. I've got a few more images on my dropbox below.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/56ddt1rhjsd0bjl/AABGRXdfi5UxxqUd3Tp7Zxwna?dl=0

Thanks for looking, cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

itzfx

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 13, 2017
They are displaying fine to me, are you able to see the images in the dropbox folder? Anyone else having issues with viewing the images in the thread and/or dropbox folder?

jan

Efficiency Noob
Mar 13, 2018
Images don't work here for me as well. Over at Dropbox, images are fine.

itzfx

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Nov 13, 2017
Thanks for confirming Jan, tried a different host, please let me know if problem persist.

A small update, I've contacted bitspower, there's interest, they've forwarded my proposal and images to their engineer, awaiting his approval to further talks of possible collaboration. Alphacool is also a possibility and will contact them shortly. If neither pans out, I will talk to my friend who has a workshop and could handle a small production run, if there is enough interest.

Cheers!