Closed NFC Systems S3 MINI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selling a mint S3 MINI chassis ("Paladin innovators" radical pink & black). This is a revision 1 case, meaning it is the smallest version that was available. Selling only because as a new "dad creature" I have limited hours on the good ole puter :)

Comes bundled with:
  • Zalman CNPS2X
  • HDPLEX Silicone PCIEx16 Riser
  • 16mm short PWR button (all black)
  • Custom IO backplate for an Intel DH77DF
  • 4pin miniDIN -> miniFIT-JR adapter
  • 2x4pin molex -> 6pin PCIE PWR connector
  • small rubber feet on all 4 corners

It is ready to take on a PicoPSU 160XT & 192W brick combo.

Item is located in Europe --> Helsinki, Finland

Asking 300$ + shipping / or hit me with an offer.

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
These are such cool cases! Not a fan of the pink personally but I could always paint over it. I've already bought a lot of the components for my build though and I'm not sure if the pico is up to the task...

Is it capable of supporting:

-MSI Z270i carbon
-i7 7700 (non-k)
-1 m.2 + 2x 2.5" ssd
-16 GB ddr4
-EVGA 1060 sc or rx 570 ITX (haven't bought a GPU yet but this is the level of card I'm targeting)

Also, I've seen the S3 pics on Josh's site where some of the wiring is shown, just not sure how all that wiring is done...

I think I may have outpowered the capabilities of this case/the PSU it can support but I'd love to hear otherwise!

Edit: BTW, congrats on becoming a dad!

Last edited:

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Gratz on the baby!

Cool MINI too. That's Paladin Pink, @BeerNsoup. Kinda sad to paint over it but I get it...hot pink isn't generally a first pick, though alot of people really like it in person. It grows on them quick. :)

As far as running a 7700 + 1060 off a 160XT KIT...I've built several. Definitely doable. You don't have alot of leeway and I recommend the HDPLEX160 when you can use it (but you can't in the V1 S3).

Good luck with the sale, Zuuk.

Reactions: BeerNsoup

fvicary

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 25, 2017
I'm interested. How much would postage to Australia or Japan cost. I actually like the colour. Fred

Zuuk

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 17, 2016
Checked the Finnish mail system site, and it gave me rough estimates for an EMS parcel to Australia ranging from 19-30$.
Im sure we can work something out, if you are interested.

fvicary

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 25, 2017
Thank you for the reply. I just did some research and I cannot get the Intel DH77DF board because its discontinued so I will need to get a different backplate and NFC doesn't make S3s anymore. do you have any suggestions. I tried on eBay with no luck.

Zuuk

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 17, 2016
There are 2 DH77DF Intel boards on ebay at the moment, if you really want that board it might be wise to check with Josh's inventory aswell :)
I was meaning to fit the case with a newer ITX-board (Ryzen) and without a backplate, or mock up a custom one. I ran my S4 without the IO backplate and I'd imagine it improved the thermals a bit, same goes for the S3.

-Edit-

Not trying to twist your arm or anything but there's a i7 3770S CPU for sale on ebay AU for 200$, would go well with the DH77DF and some DDR3, to make a nice little box ;)

Last edited:

fvicary

Minimal Tinkerer
Jul 25, 2017
Hi Again. did a lot of research today. Would really like an S4 but the wait is too long. Have decided to make an offer. If the price is reduced by $100 then I will take it. I really don't blame you if you say no. and its Ok. it a good case. I decided if its cheap enough then I won't worry about the back plate and I will by a different board. I want one that will take a M.2 drive. thanks for all your quick replies.

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
could always order a gunique to pop in this bad boy to give it some extra oomph over the 160 ;)
@BeerNsoup

A solid suggestion. He seems to make great stuff. I've been planning to make a S3/S4 inspired case for a while now and I had talked with guryhwa a while back about getting a psu + brick. Unfortunately shipping to Canada was a fair bit more expensive than to the US for some reason (obviously beyond his control). After the US/CAN exchange rate to get the psu+brick+shipping was going to be like $275 Canadian before taxes (13%) and possible duties being applied at customs, which was just too much for me, so I went with the hdplex instead.

I REALLY like the S3 and my case was going to be modeled after it using wood and plexiglass, just slightly taller to fit an HDplex (and thicker construction materials lol). It's going to require A TON of tedious routing for ventilation though, so if I could skip the routing and snag an S3 that'd be awesome.. I'm pretty hesitant about the pico unit though.

If I only bought the g-unique dc unit and found a brick elsewhere I imagine the shipping would be significantly less and might make it feasible though. Not sure if anyone has tried this, but I noticed the xbox one psu is 12v 17.9A for 220W. That's at least a bit more headroom. Has anyone used an xbox brick as a powersupply for a PC? It uses a 2 prong connector which I have no idea the actual name of, but it might be a viable option if an adapter could be found. Xbox PSUs are abundant and cheap.

Last edited:

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
theres actually an s4 with one in the build logs somewhere actually

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
its honestly a shame id have bought this if it was posted about 2 months ago but ended up going with a modmini instead :/

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
theres actually an s4 with one in the build logs somewhere actually

Found the thread, thanks for that. I think he just pulled the female connector from his dead xbox though. Not having any luck funding the corresponding connector for the xbox psu. If I knew what the type of plug was called maybe I could find an adapter :/

BTW, what's a modmini, can you link me? google turns up a ton of stuff searching that lol.

BeerNsoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 12, 2017
Gratz on the baby!

Cool MINI too. That's Paladin Pink, @BeerNsoup. Kinda sad to paint over it but I get it...hot pink isn't generally a first pick, though alot of people really like it in person. It grows on them quick. :)

As far as running a 7700 + 1060 off a 160XT KIT...I've built several. Definitely doable. You don't have alot of leeway and I recommend the HDPLEX160 when you can use it (but you can't in the V1 S3).

Good luck with the sale, Zuuk.

Feel I should acknowledge this. You're always super helpful with this stuff. It does feel like sacrilege considering painting over a mini lol, but I think it would look pretty awesome in blue + black (there's actually an S3 pic on your site of this that has me drooling) and I have experience refinishing guitars so I think I could do a good job of it.

I'm a bit hesitant on the pico as it could restrict potential hardware changes down the road. Good to know it does support a 7700+1060 though.

Also @Zuuk sorry if I'm hijacking a bit here on the psu stuff. I think it may be relevant to other interested parties though. I can take it elsewhere if you like.

Honestly I'm a bit surprised this is still available, S3s are impossible to find not to mention you also have some necessary components bundled in. I want to figure out a little more power for components before I pull the trigger, but I'm still very interested.

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017

Zuuk

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Apr 17, 2016
Also @Zuuk sorry if I'm hijacking a bit here on the psu stuff. I think it may be relevant to other interested parties though. I can take it elsewhere if you like./QUOTE]

I don't mind, it's all good for the community & possible new end user :)
G-unique psu and a bigger brick would do well in the S3, and the good old trusty Pico 160XT will run better hardware in the future while TDP's / power consuptions drop.

Reactions: W1NN1NG
Status
Not open for further replies.