New to the SFF Forum

So a little while ago I came across this site and being a lover of SFF systems, I decided to join.

A little history: I built my first PC back in '11 and it was a big ol' ATX case. I didn't know any better, forgive me. Luckily around that time is when SFF and mITX started to blow up and became quite interested in the type of power that could be had with small systems. I built my first small system in '12 with a Sugo SG-01 for my wife. At first it was mostly out of necessity but I instantly fell in love with the possibilities. Now, any system that I build is as small as i can possibly make it. My personal PC is in a Silverstone Sugo SG-10 and other systems in smaller cases.

So yeah, good to be here and I hope to learn more and maybe add to the community.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Welcome to the forum! :)

You picked a very good time to get into the SFF game, it really was around 2011-2012 that SFF first began to seep into the collective consciousness of the industry.

wanako

Case Bender
Original poster
May 30, 2016
Thanks!

Yes, in hindsight, i saw that as well. It was around then when components like CPUs and GPUs began to be more power and heat efficient, specially with Sandy Bridge and so mini ITX took off like crazy and has not stopped. I love it. Now anytime i build something i ask myself, "ok what do i need and what will it be used for and HOW SMALL CAN IT POSSIBLY BE?" Always asking the important questions. lol.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Now anytime i build something i ask myself, "ok what do i need and what will it be used for and HOW SMALL CAN IT POSSIBLY BE?" Always asking the important questions. lol.

Don't forget "how much will my wallet weep this time?" :p

Reactions: jtd871