Enclosure New Slayer m-ITX case

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Well they have a lot of balls calling it the best PC case on the market. I see a Dan clone made of steel with a plexi window, so I am not overly impressed.

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
So, one 120mm fan on the bottom that might be intake, an open-air GPU, limited (even at SFF standards) CPU cooler clearance, PSU taking intake air from CPU / GPU, and a small 'passive' venting area on the upper back panel...?

That's a nope for me...

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
@rfarmer to be far, some people (example, me) prefer the case to be made of metal.
I really like my customod 3.24l, but I wish it was steel instead of thin alu.

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
I don’t dislike it and in all fairness they are open about what it is, a clone designed not to be the smallest but to grab the style and allow a bit more space. At the same time I am a bit tired of looking at Dan cases. Nothing wrong with them but it is like that time in the 1990s when everyone’s cars (autos) suddenly looked the same.

That said it looks a bit rough finished in the You Tube video and if I am spending £180 I think I would be tempted to spend £250 and get a bit more quality. I suppose that is subjective to me, a price over £70 for a case seems to be getting a bit expensive so if I am going to spend then I might as well spend.

Not sure how you feel about these things but if I am building into an ATX case then I can always buy a better case later as there is plenty of space so things are easily fitted. With ITX everything has to fit that case so moving to another case is more of a job of work? So getting the ‘right’ case is important from the start.