New ITX Project.... Need input and help

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
May 14, 2016
I am going to finally put together a new itx system and need some input on my ideas. For starters, the part list is here. The GPU I will be using is a Quadro M2000 (75W TDP and no additional power adapter required). The total TDP should be in the range of 203W. I have three potential cases I am looking over:

1) Osmi . The case is 180x180x250mm.

1a) Vanilla Setup. I plan on skipping the SFX PSU and throwing in a PicoPsu instead. With the added space I can add a taller CPU cooler.

1b) Get two aluminum blocks and do something similar to the setup here.

2. Streacom F1CWS. Cut out the back vents and throw my GPU there. Someone did something similar here with a soundcard. I would plan on milling holes on the top to provide ventilation to the GPU. Downside is CPU Cooler is going to be blocked by video card.

3. Streacom FC8 Evo Fanless. Same as above...but I get a passive system.

I think the primary concern is noise. I hate it, and would prefer the quietest machine possible. On the other hand, I do not want my machine to catch fire and burn down the house. I would prefer a smaller footprint similar to the Osmi/F1C. My question to the community is:

• Will this machine be able to handle a PicoPsu? Or would I end up having to get one of those 240W ZeroFlex Psu that Streacom offers?
  • Which setup would be the most feasible in my situation/which one do you guys recommend?
  • Any pointers or input perhaps in things I overlooked would be much appreciated.