Help mounting 7.4*5.0mm DC input cable from HDPLEX 160W DC-ATX into a Streacom ST-FC8S case

pegot

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Dec 28, 2017
This is my first SFF build and everything has gone great so far except that I can find no way to mount the DC input cable from my HDPLEX 160 nano power supply into the circular cutout for the Streacom ST-FC8S-ALPHA Fanless Chassis. If positioned horizontally, the plug from the HDPLEX nano will not aline with the circular cutout in the case. And if I try to position it vertically, it sticks out just enough to prevent the top part of the case from closing.

I purchased the HDPLEX 160W DC-ATX instead of the Streacom Nano 160 Fanless PSU because I wanted to use it with a larger watt power brick as the build has a GTX 1030 (Streacom’s Nano PSU only comes with a 160 watt power brick). I also wanted the option of using it with a more powerful GPU in the event I changed to a different / larger case.

Does anyone have any suggestion how I can mount the plug part of the HDPLEX into my Streacom ST-FC8S case?

I started looking for some kind of 7.4*5.0mm DC input cable extension but all I found were converters from 7.4*5.0mm to other sizes. There are also female to male right angle connectors but I still might have the same fitting issues (those right angle connectors are only a few dollars so cheap enough to give it a try).

The other options I was considering would be to drill a new hole into the chassis or into the I/O shield. The I/O shield would probably be a lot easier and there is enough room to do so between the mother boards Ethernet and SPDIF components. It would also be pretty close to the Thunderbolt and HDMI connectors. I don’t know if having the power plug so close to those components might effect performance in any way?

Grateful for any suggestions. My build consisted of the following:

AsRock Z270 ITX MB
Intel i3-7100 CPU
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HD
Windows 10
Streacom FC8 Alpha Fanless Chassis
HDPLEX 160W DC-ATX
HP 230W Laptop Brick
Gigabyte GTX LP 1030 (w fan)

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 11, 2017
Does anyone have any suggestion how I can mount the plug part of the HDPLEX into my Streacom ST-FC8S case?

I started looking for some kind of 7.4*5.0mm DC input cable extension but all I found were converters from 7.4*5.0mm to other sizes. There are also female to male right angle connectors but I still might have the same fitting issues (those right angle connectors are only a few dollars so cheap enough to give it a try).

Pictures would be great! The DC input cable on the 160psu has the mounting holes on either side right? I think the only way would to measure and drill the case according to those holes.