Need an advice that will help me to choose a case and cooling.

ILVL

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
May 25, 2019
So this is what I got

MSI z270i Gaming PRO AC Carbon
Chieftec CSN-650C 650W
Core i7 7700K
MSI GTX 1080 Ti Armor OC
RAM
Noctua NH-L9i
Acer Predator Gaming Utility Backpack With Teal PBG591 17.3"

This is What I Need

Better cooler, maybe even AIO Cooling to get my 7700K works in overclocking mode
Case That will fit all that stuff and get it to work and that will fit into my Backpack without any problem.

Help plz.

I got my Eye on Cougar QBX. What can you say? Is it possible to put all I got into it and add some AIO or air cooling that will be enough to use 7700K in OC Mode?

laser_ninja

Caliper Novice
Aug 19, 2018
kennui.com
Cougar QBX is also around 20L. It is huge (relatively speaking). Use a cardboard box and cut it down to the dimensions of the QBX to see for yourself. The backpack isn't a box like the case, so you'd be hard pressed fitting it in, but that is only my guess.

If you do fit it in, you won't have much or any space for anything else like cables, peripherals etc.

Not sure what case to recommend. Nearly all small cases are very limited on cooler clearance. But you could get something like a standard ncase m1.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
So this is what I got

MSI z270i Gaming PRO AC Carbon
Chieftec CSN-650C 650W
Core i7 7700K
MSI GTX 1080 Ti Armor OC
RAM
Noctua NH-L9i
Acer Predator Gaming Utility Backpack With Teal PBG591 17.3"

This is What I Need

Better cooler, maybe even AIO Cooling to get my 7700K works in overclocking mode
Case That will fit all that stuff and get it to work and that will fit into my Backpack without any problem.

Help plz.

I got my Eye on Cougar QBX. What can you say? Is it possible to put all I got into it and add some AIO or air cooling that will be enough to use 7700K in OC Mode?
You'd be hard pressed to fit all of that in that backpack, especially using that PSU. Best thing to do would be to go SFX for the PSU which would open you up to cases that have a larger chance of fitting.

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017
You'd be hard pressed to fit all of that in that backpack, especially using that PSU. Best thing to do would be to go SFX for the PSU which would open you up to cases that have a larger chance of fitting.
The PSU he has is SFX (non-L). Chieftec CSN-650C 650W

@ILVL How much space is available inside your backpack for an ITX case (measure internal space x,y,z)?
Can the red internal wall inside your backpack be removed or squashed down (try it and see how much room that gives you)?