Multiple case fans

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Has anyone manage to fit a slim/low profile noctua fan under and above the motherboard? I was looking into a NF-A9x14 fan that is 14mm thick and would possibly fit under the motherboard. Considering that it would intake air from bottom and pushing upwards as heat rises.

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Has anyone manage to fit a slim/low profile noctua fan under and above the motherboard? I was looking into a NF-A9x14 fan that is 14mm thick and would possibly fit under the motherboard. Considering that it would intake air from bottom and pushing upwards as heat rises.
I’ve tried squeezing super slim or tiny fans below / above the motherboard. It does help prevent the cpu heatsink fan from circulating hot air. Currently I have two 40mm fans exhausting out the top. I find it hard to squeeze fans below the motherboard. Even a 12mm fan tend to scrap quite a bit with the case or motherboard.

mcwobby

Chassis Packer
Sep 23, 2018

Noctua sent me all of their fans so I’ve been trying just this. The A9x14 won’t fit (if you shave it down a bit and have it as intake it miiiight work). I was hoping to get an A6 in there but 25mm is too thick.

Can get A4s (40mm) in there if you’re super worried about thermals, and the Noctua A4 is definitely the best noise to performance 40mm fan.

Shochan

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2018
I managed to fit a NF-9x14 fan under the motherboard in my v2 without modding the case. My issue was that the 8 pin was kinda in the way with my Asus Z270i, so i modded it a bit.
I dont see any cooling potential from doing this aside that my vrms are getting actively cooled (sorta). My nvme drives are still the same in temps with or without the fan.
Considering the noise comming from the fan, i wouldnt recommend it. Its the loudest in the whole case by a long shot.

Maybe you can get better results with a different mobo, but the noise would still be an issue.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
Has anyone managed to use the aio and then use a 120x25mm fan right on top of the CPU/pump? I considered using a Corsair ll120 rgb to cool off the whole motherboard while the CPU is being cooled by the asetek Aio.

Last edited:

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Has anyone managed to use the aii and then use a 120x25mm fan fight on top of the CPU? I considered using a Corsair ll120 rgb to cool off the whole motherboard while the CPU is being cooled by the asetek Aio.
Yes, however I use the A12x15 instead. Simply wedged it between pump block and rear frame.