Concept M-ATX/ITX hexagon case prototype

LilDai

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 12, 2018
Hello anyone reading this thread, im a just a guy with ideas. one day i come up with an idea about making my own case.
Here it is.

Specs:
  • -Dimension (H x W x D) : 395x350x350 mm (36.3 litres)
  • -Using motherboard : M-ATX
  • -Using PSU : Standard ATX
  • -CPU heatsink support : Up to 20 cm as I measured
  • -Storage : 2 x 3.5" HDD
  • -Material : 2mm thick Aluminium
However,the case is still in progress, it will be more completed if you guys give some opinions about it.
Here is some more pictures of the case.
The back of the case

The side of the case, the gap on the side supports for the PSU airflow

Conclusion: This is my first time designing the case as well as using Sketchup, so mistakes are unavoidable.Just give your opinions and i will consider it. The case is not for sale.
Thanks for reading

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Welcome aboard! Alas, the images are broken :( (also, at 36L, it's HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.. :( )

jpmomo

Trash Compacter
Feb 23, 2018
I like the idea of the hexagon shape. But you might want to do a few things to bring the size down:
1. mini itx mb
2. flex-atx psu (or even something smaller)
3. get rid of 3.5 hdds. use m.2 pcie ssds on the mb instead.
4. you also need to consider proper ventilation/cooling. These things get hot especially when we try to squeeze them into a sff case.

I still think you should stick with the hexagon form as that will also open up some options for fitment. Keep it up!

LilDai

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 12, 2018
Thanks for your opinion.
  1. Right now I'm having a M-ATX build so i have to make a case to fit my current mobo,i might upgrade to ITX later.
  2. flex-atx psu or psu that have width <170mm will significantly bring the size down
  3. Like i said,Im using my old build, those m2 and pcie are quite expensive in my place.
  4. I'm thinking of having a 200m fan on top and small fans
    on the bottom for the psu