Power Supply LR1110/TSR438 atx 180W 17-24V

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
It looks like something just DIYed.

No matter its cost, its not worth the risk that it may cause to your whole system, possibly resulting in your systems death.

If i were in your place, i would go for Pico 160XT, if you want 12V fed unit, or Dynamo 160 if you want your system to be powered by 19V. Personally, i would go for Dynamo unit. It is same as tried and true HD Plex 160W DC-ATX PSU, so you wouldnt have to worry about it and it would be more than enough for you configuration and leaving the room for upgrade if you want to add GPU in future.

Reactions: thewizzard1

Shahmatt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2017
I made the mistake of buying a case without considering the power port carefully. I did not realize that a 5.5mm power port hole would be so limiting in amperages. I do have empty serial ports but I'm not sure if I can fit an alternative power jack in there.This is partly the reason I'm considering the 19V supplies as the amps through the 5.5mm jack would be less compared to 12V.

Case image here:
http://www.minicase.net/Files/UploadFiles/image/W80/mini-itx-aluminum-case-pc-11.jpg

Would it be possible to mount the 7.5mm jack to a serial port? Would the Dynamo or HDPlex work alright if I switch the powerjack to 5.5mm?

kaffi

Caliper Novice
Jan 25, 2018
do you ave a
It looks like something just DIYed.

No matter its cost, its not worth the risk that it may cause to your whole system, possibly resulting in your systems death.

If i were in your place, i would go for Pico 160XT, if you want 12V fed unit, or Dynamo 160 if you want your system to be powered by 19V. Personally, i would go for Dynamo unit. It is same as tried and true HD Plex 160W DC-ATX PSU, so you wouldnt have to worry about it and it would be more than enough for you configuration and leaving the room for upgrade if you want to add GPU in future.
Do you have a link for the dynamo 160? Google isn't helping.

Reactions: AleksandarK