Louqe Ghost: AIO to GPU space

ro9ue

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Dec 20, 2019
I'm not really attempting this but could it be possible to install an AIO-cooler or custom loop without using a tophat? This would omit a discrete graphics card but if I'd survive using a iGPU it's an interesting idea to me.

Some kind of a bracket with similar mounting to a GPU io-shield holding the radiator assembly would be required. 45mm worth of thickness clearance could give enough space.

hrh_ginsterbusch

Master of Cramming
Silver Supporter
Nov 18, 2021
wp-devil.com
I'm not really attempting this but could it be possible to install an AIO-cooler or custom loop without using a tophat? This would omit a discrete graphics card but if I'd survive using a iGPU it's an interesting idea to me.

Some kind of a bracket with similar mounting to a GPU io-shield holding the radiator assembly would be required. 45mm worth of thickness clearance could give enough space.
Well, technically you can do this even with an S300, so I dont see why it would work with the Ghost S1.

Main issue would be: there is very limited space on the GPU side - 45 mm at max.
So you'd either have to go with a regular sized AIO + slim fans, eg. 27 mm radiator + 15 / 15.6 mm slim fans = 42 - 43 mm

OR something like the Silverstone Vida 240, which sits at 22 mm radiator height + 15.6 mm slim fans ~= 38 mm.
Be warned thought: This thing can be a bit tricky to work with, because of the unusually hard tubes and the tube inlet / outlet positions (also see my S396 build log).

cu, w0lf.