Intel NUC: NUC8i5BEK & pc games? yes, I'm seriously wondering.

Immaculate Chimp

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Apr 15, 2017
Intel NUC: NUC8i5BEK (CPU: i5-8259U, 28W)

How well do you suppose this NUC could handle something like Saints Row 3? Obviously, I wouldn't expect this NUC to play anything beyond 1080p resolution. Any other (serious) ideas of the sort of gaming performance this pc is likely capable of would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.

***I just realized the thread title might have made it sound like I "had the answer", actually, it's much more that I'm "looking for the answer". I edited the thread title to hopefully better reflect this. I apologize for any confusion I may have created.***

Last edited:

Immaculate Chimp

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Apr 15, 2017
yeah, I'd seen that page on notebookcheck already as well, unfortunately, aside from Team Fortress 2, all the games mentioned are new &or quite demanding..

also, the only game I'm reasonably sure uses source engine is Counterstrike

p.s. I'm currently rocking a salvaged AMD Turion 64 X2 + NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 laptop (Syberia 1 is almost too much for this poor old thing.. it starts running reeallly hot...).

my previous pc (I can't recall what its specs were...) was also salvaged from my families shelf of abandoned electronics (in Saints Row 3 @720p & mostly bottomed out gfx settings, if I tried to use the "shark gun thing", I'd get 3 frames of "animation" when I tried to fire it), but the fan within the psu sorta just quit one night and the psu tried to cook itself..I guess, so I have little context of what to expect from a less ancient computer.

Last edited: