Hi from Cooler Master

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Welcome to the forums Jon. Nice to have another product rep here.

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
Hello SFF Forum,

I'm Jon a product manager here at Cooler Master. Just signing in and looking forward to reading more about tiny PC cases and innovative projects.
Are there any "SFF" (>19 Liter) cases coming up at any point in the next 100 years? ;) Welcome to the forum. :)

Reactions: Curiosity

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Welcome! I hope we'll see actual SFF cases from CoolerMaster, and not 45L+ monsters like the NZXT Manta :p

Reactions: Arboreal

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome, very nice to have Cooler Master present on the forum ! I used to be in contact with the office in The Netherlands regularly for various casemodding and promotional products, I've had more than a few CM cases and coolers, although none were close to SFF ! Although I've made a build for a friend with the Elite 130 case not so long ago.

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
Welcome, @Jon_CM! I've always liked the HAF cases back before I got into SFF (one definitely survived going via USPS to Afghanistan with almost no padding lol). Glad you are here on the forums.

lordzahl

Trash Compacter
Feb 7, 2016
Welcome, very nice to have Cooler Master present on the forum ! I used to be in contact with the office in The Netherlands regularly for various casemodding and promotional products, I've had more than a few CM cases and coolers, although none were close to SFF ! Although I've made a build for a friend with the Elite 130 case not so long ago.

Well, i have a very nice (and very old) case from Cooler Master:
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/pcie-riser-card-sizes.601/

At about 7~8l it is pretty SFF. I think Cooler Master should just take the documents about this case out of the drawer and do a new version for SFF enthusiasts with PCIE Riser, and better ventilation for the GPU.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Oh I seem to have missed that one. I've never seen that case before, even though I've been watching Cooler Master for quite a while.

danger

Average Stuffer
Jan 7, 2017

The CoolerMaster Elite 110 is only 15.4L and it supports ATX power supplies, 140mm rad, and 3.5" drives for under $50. Nice little case, but I'd like to see one about half the size. :D

That CM 270 case is amazing - it's only 8L and it's so old! They were doing SFF cases with PCI risers before it was in vogue.

Last edited:

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016

The CoolerMaster Elite 110 is only 15.4L and it supports ATX power supplies, 140mm rad, and 3.5" drives for under $50. Nice little case, but I'd like to see one about half the size. :D

That CM 270 case is amazing - it's only 8L and it's so old! They were doing SFF cases with PCI risers before it was in vogue.
My first SFF case... oh how foolish and ignorant I was back then!!! LOL

Jon_CM

Case Bender
Original poster
Cooler Master
Jan 27, 2017
www.coolermaster.com
Welcome!

OK, time for me to be that guy: What products, generally, do you work with Jon?

I worked on every product from HAF X to Elite 110, and now I do power solutions including ATX size.

Are there any "SFF" (>19 Liter) cases coming up at any point in the next 100 years? ;) Welcome to the forum. :)

Well we did an internal study and <15 Liter it was impossible to use a ATX power supply and full height / reasonable length >7" graphics card. We did stop from that point forward any R&D further.

Welcome, @Jon_CM! I've always liked the HAF cases back before I got into SFF (one definitely survived going via USPS to Afghanistan with almost no padding lol). Glad you are here on the forums.

HAF X was my first real project, but my most favorite HAF was the 912.

My first SFF case... oh how foolish and ignorant I was back then!!! LOL

Fun fact - We had Elite 110 customers calling us and asking us why we sold a case with no power switch.

Reactions: LocoMoto

|||

King of Cable Management
Sep 26, 2015
Well we did an internal study and <15 Liter it was impossible to use a ATX power supply and full height / reasonable length >7" graphics card. We did stop from that point forward any R&D further.

How long ago was this study? If it was recent, assuming an ATX PSU was the first mistake...SFX and smaller power solutions are coming onto the market allowing for some very compact builds. Also, if you take a look at GPU's like the R9 Nano and realize that on-package/die memory is the future for GPU's, shorter GPU's will be de rigueur. Maybe it's time for a reevaluation? I'd definitely recommend looking around at the cases on this forum for inspiration; it is quite incredible with some of these builds packaging and functionality.

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
I worked on every product from HAF X to Elite 110, and now I do power solutions including ATX size.

HAF X was my first real project, but my most favorite HAF was the 912.

Fun fact - We had Elite 110 customers calling us and asking us why we sold a case with no power switch.
Are there any PSU's than ATX that are smaller coming up?