Hi Everyone

Hi all,

I'm an IT Pro in Toronto for nearly 20 years, been using PCs most of my life going back to the mid-80s. Got into retro tech thanks to YouTube during the pandemic and have recently thought a lot about building a DIY laptop using desktop parts with my brother (more for him than me, but it's still intriguing to me) after someone posted some videos on their project on YouTube a few weeks ago. My research on parts for this is what brought me here when I found the Devotion Thin ITX laptop concept that has been posted here.

I've already spec'd out an Asrock Industrial IMB-1244-WV motherboard, but only learned here it's called a TIO, as in Lenovo's ThinkCentre Tiny In One concept.

With the help of Copilot/ChatGPT and manual googling, I've even found potential off the shelf battery management/charging boards.

I'll be posting on the Devotion Thin ITX laptop thread and hopefully get in contact with the person working on it to try to help out, why re-invent the wheel right?

A little more about me, I studied Computer Engineering Technology at Seneca College here in Toronto, but working in IT, I haven't put my electronics knowledge to use like a project of this sort would require, so maybe I'll finally get to put the diploma to better use!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum !

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !