Advice Help! Cooling in the In Win A1 Plus

foofer1233

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jun 24, 2017
Hey sff trekkers!

My CPU isn't doing so hot (or, it's doing TOO hot) and I'm not really sure how I can cool it. The main issue is that I have two Corsair LL120 fans that are both being used as exhaust, and I want to keep them that way because otherwise I can't see the RGB. That means I'm either going to be using a 120mm AIO that's going to be fed hot GPU air or some sort of air cooler that's also going to be sucking up hot GPU air. If you had to use a cooler in the A1 that was going to be sucking up hot GPU air, which cooler would you pick?

I have a GTX 1080 and a 3700X, but I'm going to be switching to a 5600X and that might be somewhat easier to cool.

Thank you!

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
My Partners System is in teh A1, 120mm AIO on R5 1600 on the rear as exhaust with deep cool RGB fan, and the 'side' fan also exhaust, another of the same deepcool fan.
no intakes, just the GPU to intake Air (Galax 1080 EXOC model) runs pretty cool. . .
you could add 2 120mm intake fans under the GPU there is a space specifically for them in the acrylic base plate. but 120mm AIO's work really well in this little case, my recommendation would be to try adding some high flowing 120mm fans in the bottom if you don't want to go AIO and are set on looks over thermals with the fans, but you may have other issues if you are having big cpu heat issues, this case works well in negative pressure for me. albeit with a R5 1600 not a 3700x . . .
that also said i cool a 3950x with a C7g for my system without too much problem so. . . .